250 million dollar theme resort planned for valley

MJLO

I read something about a $250 dollar hotel resort park type place being proposed in the valley, I am currently trying to find out more about it. If anyone has info on feel free to help me out. I"m hoping to have a link soon.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha I knew if I looked long enough I'd find something on it. It's a "coastal theme park and hotel". I felt like I was going crazy there for a second not being able to find anything on it. It's actually pretty interesting. I'm not sure if it's a go, it sounds like they want to build a second one perhaps. Chandler was named as a city in talks, but I guess more than one city has been in talks with the developers, Waveyard Development. Ever heard of them?

Wow guys the more I read the more interesting, the theme of this park is adventure sports. It's looking to be the largest development of it's kind in the country. Here's a link to the press release. Its resort, with convention capacity as well.

• 8 months later...

Mesa beats out suprise for Water sports park. I've seen bits and pieces about this here and there. But I guess this is the formal,

Mesa is the winner of a battle with Surprise over a $250 million resort and water park.

Waveyard developers Jerry Hug and Richard Mladick said Monday that they chose Mesa because of its freeway and airport access, family friendly reputation and public support since Mesa entered the picture late last year.

Archived