Beginning of the end to McMansions

Hey, I think CBS will do a story on a guy who has a 100 sq ft house. We used to have several of those here, but they've been torn down. I find it kinda neat, but a regular breeze could blow over the house shown. And in a storm... no way!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I said it before, but up in the Bay Area in California, we sold our 32 year old, ranch-style tract 1550sf house on a fraction of an acre for $727k.

Just up the peninsula in Palo Alto, I heard of a 1000sf place going for $750k back in 2000 or so. I miss California, but the property prices there are just completely out of order.

Here in Dallas the trend of tearing down small 1920s-1940s homes in historic areas like Highland Park, University Park, and Lakewood to build McMansions that are essentially zero lot line is all the rage. The same thing is happening in the Pulaski Heights area of my hometown of Little Rock. It's amazing that people go after these homes that are just completely incongruous with the neighborhood.

Archived