North Shore Development

tooluther

I was at a ULI panel discussion yesterday where we heard from Continental, the SEA, and the Pirates. I was able to pass along some of the questions that have been discussed here...

-Building Heights: Continental is limited by the design guidelines established by the city and SEA before development began. So the river front buildings are required to be shorter (6-8 stories) and the buildings further back will be 8-10.

-Office or Hotel???: The news papers have had conflicting reports as to if the hotel would be replacing the last office pad. It won't be. The hotel will be located immediately behind the last office pad next to the highway. They are still looking for an office tenant (maybe a second Equitable building).

-Off ramps to the garage: This was a myth created by the media. There will be no direct connection between the parkway and the new garage.

-Pittsburgh Live!: While everyone's fears that this development will be very cookie cutter seam to be the case, I really like the concept now that its been described better. I think it will be a big success.

-Other News: There is a second hotel in the works for the parking lot behind PNC park. I think it will be cool to have them on both ends.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update.

Building Heights: Continental is limited by the design guidelines established by the city and SEA before development began. So the river front buildings are required to be shorter (6-8 stories) and the buildings further back will be 8-10.

I realize that there are reasons for this, but it would be nice if something taller were "up against" the river. It doesn't have to be Chicago, but eve some buildings in the teens would look really nice. Oh well.

the orginal plans for 200+ housing units next to PNC park is still on. They are waiting for the go/no go with the North Shore Connector to move forward with them. They have also not decided on the apartment/condo mix yet.

North Shore connector update:

Separately, the nine-member board also adopted a $210.3 million capital budget for fiscal 2007, which includes outlays for the North Shore Connector project, contingent upon receiving funding from the Federal Transit Administration.

From this article...

http://pittsburgh.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...ml?surround=lfn

Does this mean the North Shore Connector is moving forward? I am not sure, but at least it means they have not given up on it.

Archived