PROPOSED: Brookeside Center - Coventry

mental757

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.projo.com/westbay/content/projo...mc.15a01f8.html

In Coventry: From bleak to beautiful

The long-abandoned Almacs Plaza on Tiogue Avenue is in for a transformation, as a Providence developer plans to construct a blend of retail and office space, apartments and condominiums on the 28-acre parcel.

Okay, they stole my idea. Actually, I think I stole their's because my idea came after their's. I think this is a great project and perfect for that area. My idea included the wal-mart plaza area too, it would be nice if they built this with the intention of grabbing the wal-mart property and expanding the mix-use idea through there.

Tiogue avenue is continuing to be developed with strip malls so this project will add to the suburban feel and cut down on the strip mall explosion.

the word on the street was that Ocean State Job Lot was to move to what will be the former Walmart site after they open thier monstrocity at the Centre of NE. The article indicates that the site is being considered as the new Town Hall complex. Route 3 does have limited RIPTA service and if all this comes to fruition could attract some good commercial interests in the new office space. The best thinbg is that this will take up one of the last pieces of land that COULD have become yet another Tiogue Ave strip mall!

• 11 months later...

well, Job Lot did move into the former Walmart and I saw a surveyor set-up at the entrance to this former strip mall - not much else has happened in year besides hearing that the town will not be part of this development for it's town hall, police HQ, etc.

PROJO: "Special tax zones may fuel town projects"

http://www.projo.com/ri/coventry/content/W...E8.3156c3e.html

"The second site, the former Almacs Plaza on Route 3, also has been targeted by Providence developer Churchill & Banks, which has announced plans to transform the 28-acre parcel into the Brookside Center, a blend of retail, residential components and landscaped streets within a park-like setting."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived