Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inkdaub

Roger Clemens

15 posts in this topic

He's the greatest. He's right up there with any pitcher in the history of the sport. He is a legit legend we see before us.

Is anyone else tired of his prima-donna contracts and hoping he gets his ass rocked this year?

He won't of course...Clemens is simply too inhumanly good a pitcher for that...but I'd like to see a little rockage anyway.

Does anyone else suspect he's been taking steroids or something? They say it can make a pitcher's body seem like it's ten years younger?

Well he has gotten much bigger in the last 7 years or so, but Nolan Ryan did the same thing he is going and stayed the same size...with todays strength and conditioning and the year round programs most of the guys are on I wouldnt be suprised if he was clean.

Speaking of Roger Clemens he announced today he's returning to the Yankees for 28 million. :yahoo:

not the best move, I am a red sox fan and would like to have him back. But I do not think he will save the team, RC won't make Damon healthy, or Abreu hit homeruns etc... He will help the staff, but still IDK, I think he may make them a playoff team, but it depends on if the red sox keep up and the blue jays pick up.

not the best move, I am a red sox fan and would like to have him back. But I do not think he will save the team, RC won't make Damon healthy, or Abreu hit homeruns etc... He will help the staff, but still IDK, I think he may make them a playoff team, but it depends on if the red sox keep up and the blue jays pick up.

the red sox have a history of falling back mid-season and the yankees have a history of picking up their pace mid-season. it happens almost like clockwork.

as for the yankees and clemens, the yankees need pitching. the last time roger was a great pitcher was when he was with the yankees. i think he'll help them quite a bit. he liked playing for them in the past and he'll like playing for them now. i look forward to having him back.

going 6 innings doesn't help their bullpen, they need to fix that too. And the hitting is starting to pick up over the last two nights, so they will get their hitting back and pick up a few games, but they need a bullpen bad.

The hitting picked up and they still lost a game in the standings....

they may be to far out before roger gets back depending on how they play vs. the mets and the sox this week.

He's pitching tonight in Tampa with the Yankees AA team, playing against the Fort Myers Miracle AA team. That would be interesting to see. There's a possibility the game could be shown on ESPN2.

He's pitching tonight in Tampa with the Yankees AA team, playing against the Fort Myers Miracle AA team. That would be interesting to see. There's a possibility the game could be shown on ESPN2.

Roger had great command last night, only 4 balls per inning. I am concerned he is going to get hit a lot once up in the big leagues. He only gave up 3 hits, but everyone was making solid contact. He has to hope he gets a little more zip on the ball or he could be in rough shape for his first few starts.

Roger had great command last night, only 4 balls per inning. I am concerned he is going to get hit a lot once up in the big leagues. He only gave up 3 hits, but everyone was making solid contact. He has to hope he gets a little more zip on the ball or he could be in rough shape for his first few starts.

this is why he's taking the time in the minors now to get himself warmed up and back in shape for the yanks.