Beyonce shoots new video in and around NO

BRPJ

Today, 12:15 PM Post #1

VIP Section

Group: Members

Member No.: 793

BEYONCE & JAY-Z SHOOT DEJA VU VIDEO IN NEW ORLEANS

Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, the most prominent couple in contemporary urban music, shot a video in New Orleans this week. On Wednesday morning, they filmed at the scruffy Maple Leaf Bar in Carrollton. The video crew painted part of the Leaf's interior and waxed and buffed both the dance floor and the stage. "They wanted that gritty New Orleans feel, but we were too gritty," Maple Leaf owner Hank Staples said. "So we look all nice and clean for the time being. But don't worry, we'll take care of that." Staples awoke at 3:30 Wednesday morning to greet the video crew by 4. They set up lights, cameras and a smoke machine. "With the smoke machine, we couldn't use the A/C," Staples said, "so it got very hot in here." Beyonce and Jay-Z "mostly focused on what they were doing and didn't want to be distracted," he said. "They were very professional." The shoot wrapped by 1 p.m., then moved on to the French Quarter, followed by a planned swamp shoot Thursday. Knowles' second solo album, "B'Day," is due Sept. 5.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I like Beyonce but, I'm looking forward to Christina Aguileira's new album. Her first singlt Ain't No Other Man is hot and that little woman can sing her a$$ off!

I doubt I'll buy the album, but I think her new single is pretty cool. And you're right, she's definately got a voice on her!

i loved the video.

I loved her being around oak alley and all, it really gave a new meaning to the song.

I was getting tired of the song, but the video kinda sparked it up for me. its not as good as CIL, but i keep hearing her album is way better than dejavu...

i wanna get christinas album too

Archived