Lower Bay Station

M II A II R II K

bay01.jpg

bay03.jpg

bay05.jpg

Subway Secrets

Most people don't know there's another station under Bay/Bloor, just like at St. George and Yonge/Bloor. Nowadays they use it for shooting movies and commercials (eg Johnny Mnemonic, and the Oh Henry! spot). Years ago it was used in regular service, as a loop from University to Yonge, and also part of 'integrated' service, where all three subway lines were linked. Now it's locked up, very dirty, and falling apart.

But very cool, cuz hardly anyone gets to go there. We're gonna see about getting into the cavern under Queen/Yonge where they started building an underground streetcar line in the '40s. Stay tuned.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, ok. I find this stuff interesting...although I can't quite figure out why. LOL. Detroit supposedly has a partially completed subway system under its streets, but I'll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes.

Archived