Adams Morgan: "The Devil's Playground"?

krazeeboi

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't go over to Adams-Morgan too much anymore. I may have to re-think sending guests from my hotel over there. Perhaps sending them to Georgetown might be safer- and closer as well. I hadn't thought that things had degenerated to such a low point.

Wow. Guess I'll have to stick to Georgetown as well. What are the other night spots? I think Dupont Circle is one.

Adams Morgan has the lion's share of nightspots, but there are places in or near Dupont Circle, Georgetown and the waterfront. The places on the waterfront tend to be large and noisy (H2O, Zanzibar etc..), but they are popular.

Adam's Morgan isn't quite all the doom and gloom that article makes it out to be. I was just there this Friday. Had a nice dinner, hung out, had some drinks. Sure it's crowded and noisy, and gritty. But it always has been. That's always been the charm of Adam's Morgan to me. The sense, that it is a tad dangerous maybe. I guess as long as you're aware of that, and mindful of it, you shouldn't have any problems hopefully. And besides, when ya get a craving for that late night jumbo slice, it's the only place to be. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I live in Adams Morgan, and I have to say that it isn't bad at all!! it's a very nice area, you should always watch your back, those events that happened were with people who were drunk and making trouble in the area! as long as your with friends or a group you have nothing to worry about, you make it sound like it's anacostia!

Archived