Downtown Springfield in Pictures

Here are some photos to start out the topic. This is the downtown area.

Hammons Field at night (downtown)

hammonsfield.jpg

Upper Half of the One Park Place condos (downtown)

oneparkplace.jpg

Taken under the Grant Street Bridge looking to Park Central Square.

springfieldold.jpg

skyinendkks.jpg

pics.jpg

crazynessss.jpg

347387070_e6d80543f9_m.jpg

66his.jpg

trakkdio.jpg

skdkkkkk.jpg

parkins.jpg

kinetrinc.jpg

discosbvsdfj.jpg

aushkd.jpg

jordpaks.jpg

bradpittii.jpg

springdkk.jpg

Edited by slyder1

Such a bare skyline, hope things change, I'd like to see more downtown living.

Not really that bare, just taken from the ghetto railroad tracks west of downtown. That photo is also looking at the buildings in the square and not including the other taller buildings down by hammons tower.

Not really that bare, just taken from the ghetto railroad tracks west of downtown. That photo is also looking at the buildings in the square and not including the other taller buildings down by hammons tower.

It's more of a skyline than anywhere in NWA. Little Rock has a couple more skyscrapers and has a more densely packed downtown whereas Springfield's downtown is more spread out and doesn't have quite as many large corporations as Little Rock.

Skyline or not I like how much more urban Springfield is than NWA. I've been living here so long that I've forgotten what "urban" looks like.

Compared to Little Rock, I'd say it's bare.

Remember not all photos of a downtown are going to showcase the skyline, I could show you hundreds of photos that showcase the Springfield skyline but that would just be boring. This photo is capturing the old railroad tracks with the square building's in the backgorund, like a rugged urban photo should. Just because you can't see the life downtown does not mean it's not there. I hope this does'nt come off rude. :D

Remember not all photos of a downtown are going to showcase the skyline, I could show you hundreds of photos that showcase the Springfield skyline but that would just be boring. This photo is capturing the old railroad tracks with the square building's in the backgorund, like a rugged urban photo should. Just because you can't see the life downtown does not mean it's not there. I hope this does'nt come off rude. :D

I actually like urban areas of a city that are more "rugged" like in that pic. There's times when happening places can seem boring or just a nuissance. I used to walk around downtown St. Petersburg on a Sunday morning just because I would never see another soul about and people wouldn't be wondering why I'm just standing there staring at a building with a blank expression on my face.

Edited by masons_dad1

These pictures are taken in the older more urban part of downtown (square). Hope you Like :D

98054774_c0bb67512f.jpg

The Mud Lounge along with Mud house are two must visit coffee houses while visiting downtown.

98054725_93b9a2a3c0.jpg

A view looking towards the downtown YMCA, which was actually renovated last year.

10013354_d1acda823b.jpg

^

Kind of remind me of Fayetteville's Downtown.

Nice Shots Slyder.

It does have striking similarities to Downtown Fayetteville. Although, I do find the pics of Downtown Springfield a bit more urban. Just little things like those tall lampposts and how more densely packed the buildings seem to be. Growing up in Manhattan, NY I saw many of those same lampposts.

It does have striking similarities to Downtown Fayetteville. Although, I do find the pics of Downtown Springfield a bit more urban. Just little things like those tall lampposts and how more densely packed the buildings seem to be. Growing up in Manhattan, NY I saw many of those same lampposts.

Springfield's downtown square area does have some in common with Fayetteville but the buildings are much more dense, along with alot more building's. Of course that is only due to the fact that Springfield is about 50 year's Fayetteville's elder. I'll post some more pic's I got the other day later.

Here are some more photos of downtown. Most of them will be of JV Park. Courtesy of flicr.com.

Hope you enjoy! :D

141225641_ed15f989e6.jpg

Those are some awesome scenes. The one above really represents both the best and the worst of an urban city. I really like the brick-inlayed street, the buses and the building density, but the overhead power lines, the exposed dumpster and the messy signs are bad. Overall, it's still more urban than anything in NWA, but could be managed a little better.

Those are some awesome scenes. The one above really represents both the best and the worst of an urban city. I really like the brick-inlayed street, the buses and the building density, but the overhead power lines, the exposed dumpster and the messy signs are bad. Overall, it's still more urban than anything in NWA, but could be managed a little better.

Yeah that picture actually looks worse than it really is. It makes it look like it's alot shorter of a street and less attractive. I need to get some pic's that really put our downtown into perspective.

BTW You wouldn't happen to know why photobucket.com keeps putting those stupid " Sorry, this picture is no longer available" signs where my photo used to be. I still have it listed under my album so I don't know. :wacko:

Here is the larger of that photo mason's dad.....(the heer's is still under construction) along with more Downtown photos.

141225643_94882df743.jpg

The HUGE Hammons field Billboard

billbord.jpg

hamosn.jpg

Jordan Valley Ice Park (to the right) at day and night.....

pool.jpg

132228129_e03cfaa1c1.jpg

Great pictures showcasing downtoen Springfield, slyder1! :thumbsup: I've never been anywhere around Springfield, but it looks great!

I wish I could take credit for those pics but I got them off the net. I'm glad you like the area and hope you see it someday. It's really crazy how much Downtown has changed in the last 6 years, it's done a complete 180.

Hey nice pics. Sorry for being away from here so long. I got so behind after vacation and I had some internet problems after that and I had to catch back up again. I guess it also doesn't help I keep forgetting to check over here in the Midwest forum. I just happened to come across a PM that Slyder sent me a while back that I never recall seeing notification of. :( Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you Slyder.

Hey nice pics. Sorry for being away from here so long. I got so behind after vacation and I had some internet problems after that and I had to catch back up again. I guess it also doesn't help I keep forgetting to check over here in the Midwest forum. I just happened to come across a PM that Slyder sent me a while back that I never recall seeing notification of. :( Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you Slyder.

Don't worry about that PM, I don't even remember what it was about. I haven't been too much either execpt when at work because I have alot of other obligations. I'm glad you got to see some of the pics though. Please keep us informed on what you think. :D

• 1 month later...

I didn't realize Jordan Valley Park was this close to the Hammons Tower, nice shot!!

Yeah, it's right across the street (Trafficway) from Hammons Tower.

As you can tell my picture didn't upload all the way and I forgot to flip it, but thanks for the comment! :D