Downtown Springfield in Pictures

Ah! I had no idea. To be honest I just recognized his name from the NWA forums and didn't know anything else about him.

Interesting. Is he just a developer, or what?

He owns a franchise of around 50 or so hotels. Most are Embassy Suites, Holiday Inns, Renaissances, etc. He also does a lot of private developments. So, I guess he's basically a private developer.

He owns a franchise of around 50 or so hotels. Most are Embassy Suites, Holiday Inns, Renaissances, etc. He also does a lot of private developments. So, I guess he's basically a private developer.

Damn you're quick to respond tonight! :lol:

Thanks for the information. Sounds like this guy is (in the words of Ron White) lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oadeeeed!

Damn you're quick to respond tonight! :lol:

Thanks for the information. Sounds like this guy is (in the words of Ron White) lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oadeeeed!

He is the owner os JQH Hotels Inc., the largest independently owned hotel co. in the nation. He is headquartered right here in Springfield and his office is on the 20th floor of that tall balck building (4 floors from the top). I wouldn't say that he loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaded but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOADED! He is one of America's top 100 richest people and has been for as many years as I can remember. Thats why you see his name on everything in town........he doesn't know what to do with all of his money. For instance he gave 25 million to MSU for the new $60 mil. arena they are building and what do you think it will be called...................THE JQH ARENA! Big shock, I know.

Here's a rendering:

JQHaren.jpg

He is the owner os JQH Hotels Inc., the largest independently owned hotel co. in the nation. He is headquartered right here in Springfield and his office is on the 20th floor of that tall balck building (4 floors from the top). I wouldn't say that he loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaded but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOADED! He is one of America's top 100 richest people and has been for as many years as I can remember. Thats why you see his name on everything in town........he doesn't know what to do with all of his money. For instance he gave 25 million to MSU for the new $60 mil. arena they are building and what do you think it will be called...................THE JQH ARENA! Big shock, I know.

Here's a rendering:

JQHaren.jpg

Beautiful arena. JQH is Springfield's sugar daddy. :D

Beautiful arena. JQH is Springfield's sugar daddy. :D

:lol: No doubt. Sheez, I wish we had a businessman around here who was willing to do all this.

The closest we have is John Good, who has recently made a name for himself by developing the exclusive Stonebridge Country Club subdivision and Louisiana Boardwalk.

Hammons needs to move here. :lol:

:lol: No doubt. Sheez, I wish we had a businessman around here who was willing to do all this.

The closest we have is John Good, who has recently made a name for himself by developing the exclusive Stonebridge Country Club subdivision and Louisiana Boardwalk.

Hammons needs to move here. :lol:

Hammons is mine!!!!!! LOL There are actually alot of Multi Millionaire developers in the Southwest, Missouri area. I guess it has somewhat to do with the beautiful Table Rock Lake and Branson. There is alot of old money in this town as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I wanna to show you something that I captured the most beautiful view when I'm on way to National Road.... I was so damn lucky that I brought my camera with me. This road is used to be Route 66. :D

Route66copy.jpg

Edited by Pyaxi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know I'm responding to a post that is just over a year old but I have to correct you, Hammons is not that rich compared to others on the National Scale, He is probably not even close to being in the top 1,000 which takes about a $BILLION DOLLAR net worth.

http://www.forbes-global.com/lists/2006/10...uri_Rank_1.html

And looking at the richest private companies in Missouri, I dont see Hammons Hotels but Bass Pro is on the list ranked 186 Nationally with just under $2 Billion in revenue last year which I'm guessing is $50+ million in profit

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/21/biz_06...s-MO_3Rank.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Slyder, do you know where I can get hi res versions of these images? or anyone who posted for that matter. I could really use them

The only place I think you could get those is on Flikr. I'm not sure how they do that but I think unless the photo is copyrighted then you can just save the photo to your computer and download it to a san disk and get it developed... I'm not sure but thats what I would do, however the quality might be distorted.

• 2 months later...