Downtown Springfield in Pictures

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

Here's a few downtown photos from a trip to Springfield. The first is the Hammons Tower at 22 stories and on a high spot. It really dominates the skyline and is set away from the historic downtown area as are most of the newer buildings downtown. This is what you see when you walk out the main entrance of Hammons Field.

DSCN1912.jpg

These are two historic structures on Walnut Street immediately off of the new downtown area- very beautiful buildings.

DSCN1918.jpg

These are some more of the newer tall buidldings downtown - right to left the Hammons Building (not to be confused with the Hammons Tower and all the other things named Hammons in Springfield- :) ) Park Place condos and Sunvilla Tower on the Missouri State University campus.

DSCN1921.jpg

Street mural in the older part of downtown- a funky place with lots of history and potential. There have been some notable improvements in that area but there's a lot more that could be done.

DSCN1929.jpg

Edited by zman9810

Hey thanks for the pics zman. I like the last one with Sunvilla and One Park Place Condos, great angle. I guess you made a trip up here to watch the Naturals play at Hammons Field? Thanks for the photos!

BTW if you ever come up again, you should do it when the first friday art walk is going on... some great galleries downtown.

Hey thanks for the pics zman. I like the last one with Sunvilla and One Park Place Condos, great angle. I guess you made a trip up here to watch the Naturals play at Hammons Field? Thanks for the photos!

BTW if you ever come up again, you should do it when the first friday art walk is going on... some great galleries downtown.

Yeah, I read about the First Friday Art Walk- sounds like a great event. I will have to make time for that next time I'm in town.

Here's a closeup of the Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts on the MSU campus. Great location for this - right on campus and close to downtown.

DSCN1934.jpg

Edited by zman9810

• 2 years later...