West Morehead Condos Stink?

JBGB

Recently, my wife and I have been considering whether or not to purchase a condo in a soon to be constructed development off of West Morehead. I love the area and am confident it will grow from a field of parking lots to a beautiful urban environment.

However a few years ago, I lived off of Cedar St. on Green leaf Ave and can still distinctly remember the smell of burning plastic/ rubber, and although I loved how easily I could be anywhere in Charlotte within minutes, the smell was another matter. I

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3WWD isn't really being coined so much as it is the broader name of a set of projects by a single developer. I like the name because it is an actual description of the area, rather than actually creating a new place name.

Uptown really does have more pollution than the suburbs, and there are significant numbers of factories around. In First Ward, the industrial pollution smell is that of chocolate chip cookies from a bakery in Belmont. In Fourth Ward, it is the grain mill. In Third Ward, it is Pipe & Foundry.

All in all, it is better than it was a few decades ago, as a lot of the industrial pollution from manufacturing has closed up.

Archived