Mall of America in Tucson

colin

I first heard this sometime in mid-2004 from a resident of Vail. A friend brought it up this weekend when I said something derogatory about the area. Each time I hear about this, it just makes me laugh.

BTW, Vail is a CDP southeast of Tucson near where I-10 meets AZ 83. Part of it has already been annexed by Tucson, and it will most likely all be within the city in a few years.

Mall of America team plans multi-use project near Vail

Any thoughts on this?

I've also heard rumors of a water park that will also be coming to Vail. I think that one is much more plausible, although I've also heard that only one of Tucson's two water parks are in the black right now.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the water park, but something on the scale of the Mall of America seems a bit far-fetched. One never knows, though. The same people tried a number of times to build a huge mall in downtown Silver Spring, near Washington. Nothing came of this, but I think it would be received with less skepticism if the same project were to be pitched today.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived