The Rhythm at Music Row

urbanbna

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's beginning to appear as though there's about to be a triangle of highrises on Nashville's horizon in the future. Draw a line from DT, through the Gulch, through Music Row, over to the Vandy Med Center. Then draw another line over to where West End and Murphy Road meet. Then draw another line from that intersection all the way down West End to DT.

I know it's a very wierd looking triangle, but a triangle none the less.

• 4 weeks later...

They did reservations on Friday night and saturday. Last thing I heard was every unit but one, one bedroom is reserved. Heard it was a lot of speculative buyers. I have renderings and floorplans if anybody has space to host them. Reservation was only $5k.

Wow! If that's true they will be breaking ground on this one before the end of the year. This was one of those projects that no one knew anything about, and then.....whoosh....it looks like it's going to be built before we know it. This is definitely a different development scenario than WES.

I think we're going to see a great many more developments like The Rhythem that will provide further connection between Downtown and the areas West of I-40.

Our skyline is steady growing. Hopefully, it will be relatively continuous and not show the "gaps" that characterize other Southern city skylines (e.g. Atlanta and Houston).

• 5 weeks later...

I thought George Straight hated Nashville (because of the Music Execs). Seems odd. But if true - welcome George!

I think the accurate version of the rumor is that George Strate's manager has "reserved" units in Rythm. He's also the owner of couple of dive bars in midtown including the strip club that I think may be closed now.

Wow! 80 percent sold already. There's little doubt this project is a go, and we heard about it for the first time early this summer. Imagine if WES moved this fast. That project would already be built and occupied by now. Add another crane to the ever lengthening list by early 2007. It going to be quite a sight around Nashville by then with all the construction going on.

I was just having a vision about the view from the top of Demonbreun when all this construction starts and becomes really visible. There was a rendering released at some point in the past that showed Demonbreun fully developed. It was pretty slick, but I can't recall from where it orginated.

This one?

http://history.acusd.edu/gen/recording/ima...undabout3b.JPEG

That's the one. Gee, looks like we're thinking bigger these days. Thanks for that, b.

BTW, for lack of desire to look for the ICON thread, the first crane base is set in concrete, and it's location couldn't be more prominent. Coming down 11th, it's right in front of you. It sits right on the street, so it'll be easy to see how ICON will loom over the area.

I don't know the origins of that rendering. So I don't know if it was produced by the new company (Lyonsgate?) that owns the property. Reba McIntyre's husband had a plan for that parcel when he owned it. I think he had plans for a budget type hotel. The building in the drawing appears to be a hotel, but it looks like a limited service, low budget one as opposed to a W... Plus, if it is going to be a W, then I'd expect to see a more vertical presence and more mixed-use. IJDave, have they resolved the parking dispute with the adjacent property owners?

I wouldn't spend any time thinking about these renderings. These are very dated and have nothing to do with the new property owners. It was just interesting to see the early thoughts on the property. From where these originated, I don't recall.

I don't know about the property dispute as it stands now regarding parking. The early problems had to do with Shoney's Inn. It's now a Comfort Inn, or something like that. I'm sure they'll work it out. Most of the buildings onsite are now demolished, so something's happening.

It'll be interesting to see the plans for the property, but anything said here right now is just speculation. Houston will let us know when they're ready to talk.

I know parking is an issue in the area, but it seems some of the involved parties are more concerned/defensive about their parking than they are about improving the area. Parking is just a detail. I'm sure it's a top concern for the developer, and I would guess they will either bury a big garage or have a relatively concealed one above ground.

That's the one. Gee, looks like we're thinking bigger these days. Thanks for that, b.

BTW, for lack of desire to look for the ICON thread, the first crane base is set in concrete, and it's location couldn't be more prominent. Coming down 11th, it's right in front of you. It sits right on the street, so it'll be easy to see how ICON will loom over the area.

There is no doubt we're thinking bigger these days. This is not going to be just a mid-rise street development. We'll have a 14 story Rythym Lofts, and I think the "W" will be taller than that.

Why is everyone suddenly so sure that the W will happen now? Did I miss something?

I think maybe the fact that the buildings at that site have been torn down. I think there is some speculation here but we can only hope. Lionstone is not going to sit on that property after paying over 9 million for it. I think you will see something there very soon even if it is not a W. We can only hope and dont turn blue from holding our breath.

Archived