The Rhythm at Music Row

urbanbna

I think maybe the fact that the buildings at that site have been torn down. I think there is some speculation here but we can only hope. Lionstone is not going to sit on that property after paying over 9 million for it. I think you will see something there very soon even if it is not a W. We can only hope and dont turn blue from holding our breath.

Perhaps, but remember Palmer had over $10 million in his site as of the beginning of '05. I think both parties probably overpaid which puts tremendous pressure on what has to go on the site to make the numbers work. Problem is, if it takes to long for the moon and stars to align, the basis can grow way beyond what the ultimate development can support. Obviously, developers are very reluctant to recognize that (and take the hit to land value) until the market (or a bank) forces them to. Then again, sometime the moon and the stars do align when you need them to. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps, but remember Palmer had over $10 million in his site as of the beginning of '05. I think both parties probably overpaid which puts tremendous pressure on what has to go on the site to make the numbers work. Problem is, if it takes to long for the moon and stars to align, the basis can grow way beyond what the ultimate development can support. Obviously, developers are very reluctant to recognize that (and take the hit to land value) until the market (or a bank) forces them to. Then again, sometime the moon and the stars do align when you need them to. We'll just have to wait and see.

Good point, but lets also remember that Lionstone is a much larger and more ambitious company than Palmer and they are a national development company verses Palmer being a small local outfit in comparison.

• 2 months later...

At the forum meet today, we toured the Rhythm Lofts sales office on Demonbreum. Sates are going extremely well for this project. The 14 story project has 108 condo units for sale. They already have 21 sold, and 62 reserved. The sales agent said that ground breaking is slated for February, 2007 and completion summer 2008. The condos have a large terrace at the front of 5th floor with a large pool and other amenities. There is a smaller terrace on the fifth floor at the rear of the project. This is a very impressive project which is a near 100% probability.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With the music row area being such a hot area with such high sales it seems like someone would go taller. I definitely wouldnt be surprized to see the second Adelecia built. Also this project will help bring the music row area closer to the gulch. Throw in the W and the property Eakin intends to develope and these two hot areas could be virtually connected by the next 4 to 5 years. As more projects come to fruitition we will continue to see more of these new urban neighborhoods be connected.

• 4 months later...

Last time I spoke with anyone was during the DT home show, and then I had heard within the next 30 days. I think that may have come and gone. I know the house at the site is empty and is suppose to be moved. I will see if I can get more info on this one soon.

• 2 weeks later...

It may take a little longer. From what I understand the developers are working to try and get better prices on the concrete. That is the delay and it may be delayed just a little longer but this will be breaking ground soon but probably not the date we have seen.

• 2 weeks later...

The guys at work and I were talking about how renderings and modeling have come so far. Then I noticed in the new Rhythm rendering that "resident" to the left of the front entrance up about six floors has a MacDonald's in their living room.... I'm sure a pattern from the city scene (with the MacD's) was used in the background layering... we had to smile at that one.

I was never a big fan of the Rythm design but I'm really unimpressed with this (presumably) new design. It looks to me like they're intending to have the first 4-5 stories of the building along the street mirror the cheap brick facade of the adjacent sports bars and chicken joints. Why on earth would anyone do that ? It also looks like the long sides of the building (and presumably the back) are going to be faux this or that, kind of mirroring what Maggiano's did on West End. To me, this building looks like Bristol West End or Bristol on Broadway on steroids. That may please some but I think it will disappoint most. It's hard to believe that people are still buying this kind of stuff at over $350/sf no less, especially without a scale model of the finished product available. Caveat Emptor!

looking at the rendering in the city paper, it looks like they have an entrance to the parking garage at the front of the building right next to the ground level retail/pedestrian entrance. so now cars are going to be plowing through the pedestrian traffic on demonbreun?

didn't the viridian do the same thing? surely this sort of thing can be avoided.

^Fair question. Only yesterday I had good things to say about two projects near Belle Meade. And within the last week I paid tribute to Griffith Plaza and Nashville West, both of which I think will or have made big contributions. There are others too but even projects I like (WES) occassionally deserve skepticism as to when and whether they will get built. Some on this board aren't interested in some of the nuances of what makes a deal go or not go. But most that feel this way don't clog up the board with attacks and sarcasm when this discussion is taking place.

Archived