Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Finally, A Case of Reverse Commute from Franklin

8 posts in this topic

Our company owned an ad agency in that building for a few years so I've been lucky enough to go inside. This is one of coolest, most historical buildings on 2nd. From the vantage point on the hill, the view of downtown is unmatched. I think the type of company LandDesign is is just as important to the fact that they've moved from Franklin to Nashville. Sounds like the type of company we need to keep the momentum going. Can you imagine the pride the staff will have in helping to develop mixed use projects right outside their own office windows.

I want to work there. :)

Well, I am sure Franklin will miss them, but I LOVE the location that they are moving to. That building has always stuck out as such a beautiful attribute to SoBro.

Sounds like a great company. Of all the ones to move from Franklin, it had to be one located in downtown.

This is a wonderful development for those of us that want to see an end to suburban sprawl in our lifetime. Hopefully the will be the first on many other "reverse commutes" of businesses back into the downtown Nashville area.

And the reverse commute continues. In today's NBJ, Qualifacts, a healthcare technology firm is moving from West Meade to the historic C.L. Liggett Building in SoBro. That's the old white building at 2nd and Demonbreun that's currently being re-done. This is good news. This company will bring its 100 employees BACK downtown. Great news. Throw a few hundred lawyers across the street and a few hundred residents in the Encore and a constant stream of visitors in the Westin, and this part of SoBro will be teeming with pedestrians in the near future. Then, there's all that other stuff about to happen. Here it comes...

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

That is awesome news. What a transformation in that area, in 4-5 years a true neighborhood will form.

That is awesome news. What a transformation in that area, in 4-5 years a true neighborhood will form.

Mt sentiments exactly. I hope this is just the proverbial "tip of the iceberg"!