Finally, A Case of Reverse Commute from Franklin

smeagolsfree

In the NBJ this week is a story of reverse commute by a company based in Franklin. Its about time to see a company make the move back to downtown Nashville. The LandDesign company will be taking over the old Vanderbilt Litterer building on 2nd Ave.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville.../26/story2.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our company owned an ad agency in that building for a few years so I've been lucky enough to go inside. This is one of coolest, most historical buildings on 2nd. From the vantage point on the hill, the view of downtown is unmatched. I think the type of company LandDesign is is just as important to the fact that they've moved from Franklin to Nashville. Sounds like the type of company we need to keep the momentum going. Can you imagine the pride the staff will have in helping to develop mixed use projects right outside their own office windows.

I want to work there. :)

• 3 weeks later...

And the reverse commute continues. In today's NBJ, Qualifacts, a healthcare technology firm is moving from West Meade to the historic C.L. Liggett Building in SoBro. That's the old white building at 2nd and Demonbreun that's currently being re-done. This is good news. This company will bring its 100 employees BACK downtown. Great news. Throw a few hundred lawyers across the street and a few hundred residents in the Encore and a constant stream of visitors in the Westin, and this part of SoBro will be teeming with pedestrians in the near future. Then, there's all that other stuff about to happen. Here it comes...

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

Archived