Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cafealotaguy

Greenville Rains

12 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how bad the rains were across the area of Greenville from everyone's perspectives. This morning I woke up to our weather radio buzzing and ringing about a flash flood warning. When, I couldn't go back to sleep, I went and looked out the windows to my front yard. The storm sewers had backed up and water was coming over the curb into my front yard. I wish I had had my camera with me, for it was quite the sight. Does annybody know how the Falls Park held up during all of this or are there other trouble spots throught Greenville ?

I was just wondering how bad the rains were across the area of Greenville from everyone's perspectives. This morning I woke up to our weather radio buzzing and ringing about a flash flood warning. When, I couldn't go back to sleep, I went and looked out the windows to my front yard. The storm sewers had backed up and water was coming over the curb into my front yard. I wish I had had my camera with me, for it was quite the sight. Does annybody know how the Falls Park held up during all of this or are there other trouble spots throught Greenville ?

I passed the terrible accident which closed southbound I-85 early this morning. The rain was absolutely horrible to drive in. I see that Pickens County is currently receiving about 8 inches, which surely is flooding many creeks and rivers.

I am very glad to see the rain though. We need it in the largest way.

The Falls are far from being flooded. I was just out there about 10 minutes ago, and the water is higher than normal, but again, unless we get another 6+ inches, I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't gone downstream yet, though.

The Falls are far from being flooded. I was just out there about 10 minutes ago, and the water is higher than normal, but again, unless we get another 6+ inches, I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't gone downstream yet, though.

With more rain in the immediate forecast, I hope we'll see a major dent in the deficit thus far.

My front lawn flooded. Haven't seen the Reedy yet, but man it sure is good to be getting all this rain! Greenville should be back to it's brilliant green after all this rain. :D

I checked the Reedy on the riverplace webcam. It's high, but not flooded luckily. This is great to be seeing all of this rain.

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

Shots from 7:00 AM this morning.

Thanks for the photos, TREY. Contrast that last shot with this one from a few days ago. Barely a trickle in comparison. :shok:

ReedyRiver_04.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

Shots from 7:00 AM this morning.

Question on the photo showing Riverplace. Has the Reedy ever flooded to the level of Riverplace? What are the chances of the first floor ever flooding?

The Reedy River Falls around noon today:

FallsPark_21b.jpg

FallsPark_22.jpg

FallsPark_23.jpg

FallsPark_24.jpg

Great photos Skyliner! :wub: The photos give me chills.....this much natural beauty simply can't be built. How lucky we are! :D:D