Greenville Rains

I was just wondering how bad the rains were across the area of Greenville from everyone's perspectives. This morning I woke up to our weather radio buzzing and ringing about a flash flood warning. When, I couldn't go back to sleep, I went and looked out the windows to my front yard. The storm sewers had backed up and water was coming over the curb into my front yard. I wish I had had my camera with me, for it was quite the sight. Does annybody know how the Falls Park held up during all of this or are there other trouble spots throught Greenville ?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering how bad the rains were across the area of Greenville from everyone's perspectives. This morning I woke up to our weather radio buzzing and ringing about a flash flood warning. When, I couldn't go back to sleep, I went and looked out the windows to my front yard. The storm sewers had backed up and water was coming over the curb into my front yard. I wish I had had my camera with me, for it was quite the sight. Does annybody know how the Falls Park held up during all of this or are there other trouble spots throught Greenville ?

I passed the terrible accident which closed southbound I-85 early this morning. The rain was absolutely horrible to drive in. I see that Pickens County is currently receiving about 8 inches, which surely is flooding many creeks and rivers.

I am very glad to see the rain though. We need it in the largest way.

The Falls are far from being flooded. I was just out there about 10 minutes ago, and the water is higher than normal, but again, unless we get another 6+ inches, I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't gone downstream yet, though.

With more rain in the immediate forecast, I hope we'll see a major dent in the deficit thus far.

Archived