Skyscrapers in parts of Hartford other than downtown

MadVlad

Farmington should be a high rise corridor like Peachtree Street in Atlanta or Central Ave in Phoenix.

I would keeep the blocks aorung the Twain House short. But the rest should be high rises.

I would like to see something like this as well. That way it feels very big city all the way from DT to WHC. I think that would be great.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prospect and Farmington is the town line. It is also high ground. The views would be spectacular.

Farmington should be a high rise corridor like Peachtree Street in Atlanta or Central Ave in Phoenix.

I would keeep the blocks aorung the Twain House short. But the rest should be high rises.

I would like to see something like this as well. That way it feels very big city all the way from DT to WHC. I think that would be great.

I am an advocate on promoting Farmington Avenue as a linear extension of downtown. The Farmington Avenue corridor samples some of the assets (neighborhoods, institutions and attractions) that are unique to Hartford. Being cut off downtown, Hartford is not fully represented by these assets.

Blue Back Square will help strengthen the western anchor of this corridor.

How would the views be from a highrise on Asylum Place, between Farmington and Asylum Avenues?

I am an advocate on promoting Farmington Avenue as a linear extension of downtown. The Farmington Avenue corridor samples some of the assets (neighborhoods, institutions and attractions) that are unique to Hartford. Being cut off downtown, Hartford is not fully represented by these assets.

Blue Back Square will help strengthen the western anchor of this corridor.

How would the views be from a highrise on Asylum Place, between Farmington and Asylum Avenues?

The views would be awesome, that's why I've always advocated the Space Needle to be at the corner of Broad/Cogswell and Farmington Ave. Asylum Hill is indeed a hill, it's high ground so even shoter buildings should have a decent view unless another building is built to block it. Just imagine if half of the ideas floated on this site came to fruition....

I'd actually like to get a few nice towers along Farmington Ave, even into West Hartford. Not much chance of WH accepting that, though, heaven forbid they get too urban....

Yeah I doubt West Hartford would want any huge towers within their border.

Archived