Indigo Dunes

willy

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a place to just advertise your site. I understand you feel strongly about this, and if you wish to take place in a discussion here about the issue that is fine. I will not, however, allow posts with nothing else but a link to your site in bold, capital, supersized letters.

It baffles me why the developer clings to the idea that so many units need to be approved at one time on this site. If they were sensitive, I would think that they would start with a modest proposal on part of the land (logically with the highest elevation), dedicate some portion for public access to the water and hold on to the rest for the day when the housing market gathers some momentum again. Why antagonize whole neighborhoods with such a huge proposal? And what does this project offer these neighborhoods? Does it provide bikeways or trails? Does it place neighborhood services where people can walk to them rather than drive? Is it just condos and more traffic, or does it have the potential enhance the overall community?

I have no love for the Sandler company. These are also the people who razed a trailer park (two years ago) to build Cornerstone south of 264 near Town Center. Nothing has moved on that site last time I checked and no affordable units are planned in that development to replace what was lost. Why expect them to replace wetlands?

I have no love for the Sandler company. These are also the people who razed a trailer park (two years ago) to build Cornerstone south of 264 near Town Center. Nothing has moved on that site last time I checked and no affordable units are planned in that development to replace what was lost. Why expect them to replace wetlands?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sandler is putting 62 "affordable housing" units in their new Renaissance Place development in VB -- priced at $170 - 190K. The original announcement for Cornerstone said some units would be in the mid-$100Ks. If Renaissance Place is "affordable" at $170K, then wouldn't Cornerstone be "affordable" at the mid-$100Ks?

Archived