GLASGOW [1] I'm in Scotland!

hkskyline

The walking tour begins at this interesting hotel just across from the city's main railway station. Too bad I flew in late the night before. They had good specials going to Prestwick to connect with Ryanair, but I missed the last train into the city.

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7196.jpg

My Scottish breakfast consisted of a simple raisin fruit toast. I think it was only 50p. Prices in Glasgow were more 'normal' compared to ultra-expensive London.

IMG_7183.jpg

IMG_7198.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7203.jpg

IMG_7214.jpg

IMG_7213.jpg

IMG_7218.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

Heading east, there are a number of newer residential buildings that look quite bold and innovative.

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7261.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures! Glasgow looks beautiful.. I'm happy to see that. When I went to Scotland, I spent most of my time in Edinburgh and only saw the bits of Glasgow around the bus station. It looked to me like a lot of modern chunks of glass and steel, so I'm glad to see a lot of the older stone architecture is there as well.

Archived