COMPLETE: NYLO Hotel

Cotuit

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, is Fiddlesticks gone?! :shok:

Most of Fiddlesticks was torn down this past spring. They kept the minigolf course, but the building and the driving range/batting cages are all gone. Some of the Silo is still standing, but thats about it. The Stop & Shop building has been moving along quickly. This week they have been putting the siding on.

Most of Fiddlesticks was torn down this past spring. They kept the minigolf course, but the building and the driving range/batting cages are all gone. Some of the Silo is still standing, but thats about it. The Stop & Shop building has been moving along quickly. This week they have been putting the siding on.

has there been actual construction activity the last few days??? I was told the workers were told to cease work for the time being...

has there been actual construction activity the last few days??? I was told the workers were told to cease work for the time being...

Hard to say. I was off for a couple of days, so I had no reason to drive by there. I'll tell ya tomorrow if it looks any different from what I saw today.

But the construction down there really has been going at lightning speed.

I was glad they kept the silo. Fiddlesticks, poor Fiddlesticks. I meant to stop more often. I feel so guilty. :cry:

When I drove by on the way home yesterday there were a handfull of cars and trucks in the parkinglot and a few guys walking around. Thats about how it ususally is around 5:30pm. I'll take a closer look tonight to see if any noticible progress was made in the past day. Maybe its just a skeleton crew.

I heard from a friend too that all new construction of Stop and Shops is on hold, and the managers have a big meeting coming up soon. I wonder what's going on, maybe they're being sold.

exactly - there's been a not-so-secret (but very strong) rumore that Royal Ahold NV is looking at selling all of it's U.S. activities and has put all capital expenditures on indefinate hold...

thanks for the update!

I just found out that the store will be completed, but no open until early next year right now.

Also an existing store in RI will close - I prefer not to say which one for now until it is confirmed a bit more...

Resevoir Triangle Stop and Shop to close

http://www.projo.com/business/content/proj...26.3bbfb8f.html

NYLO hotel delayed Warwick location due to winter weather conditions...

Yes, because everyone knows that a 300 foot ice sheet decends from Labrador and covers New England from October through April. One would imagine the cost of sitting on property that is not generating revenue would outweigh the costs of working during a New England winter.

Are the mills in progress? I haven't been out there in a while.

The deal with Pontiac is that the original developer, who took it through the HTC process has been unable to get financing. There are several other developers who are very hot for the site. Stay tuned. The NYLO site has been in discussion for some time. The owner of the property received permission to tear a building down to create a pad site for a hotel and NYLO showed up. I agree, VERY curious that their first project in the area was in Warwick. They also looked at a site in the Valley area.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

PBN: "Pontiac Mills hotel breaks ground"

http://www.pbn.com/stories/26388.html

PROJO: "Groundbreaking today at Pontiac Mills"

"The construction of the NYLO Hotel project at the Pontiac Mills revitalization in Warwick will be celebrated today with a groundbreaking ceremony attended by Michael Mueller, president and chief development officer of NYLO Hotels, Warwick Mayor Scott Avedisian and Hampton Hodges, owner of Pontiac Mills. The hotel is the first to start construction as an anchor tenant of the project and will combine urban loft design with affordable rates. The site was a textile mill dating back to the mid 1800s. The master plan for the project includes a mix of restaurants, residences and businesses."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So these guys are just about as weird as you could ask for. They recently launched a website where they spell out their whole deal.

NYLO isn't a hotel, it's an experience, an attitude. It's a line of clothing, music and art. That's the Daniel Vosovic connection - he designs the fashions. Also, the use of local artists to decorated is a theme/selling point.

They purposely seek non-urban (suburban) location because "that's where business really gets done."

Archived