What will it take to change the perception of a location?

michaelskis

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

investment, investment, investment...

developers, developers, developers...

Thats really about all it is. A vibrant city needs investment, and developers to make it happen.

Residents have invested a lot of money in the city core, instead of the surrounding suburbs to create a better town internally then externally. I think thats the big difference between us and Detroit is when GR's downtown was down and out people didn't think "lets fly out to the suburbs and improve them instead" There were people here who wanted change to happen in the city, and very few people who put up roadblocks for that improvement.

Whats Ironic is there are more NIMBYs in the 'burbs here then there are other places (just my perception) Most of the objections over inner-city devvelopment come from jealous suburbanites more then in-town residents!

I can't agree with her perception of Wyoming, but I can certainly understand it.

And why would you spend all that time and gas to got to Jazz at the Zoo when you have the Rogue River Blues series on Tuesday night? I can totally understand that.

I have to agree a bit with that other rider. Not so much about Wyoming, but that stretch of I-196 and where the trail goes through is gross. :sick: Junkyards, waste treatment plants, gravel pits, massive train yards. And a lot of times the tunnel under the highway is flooded over, isn't it? I've often wondered who would want to ride through that area. Once you get out of there and South of Chicago Drive, I would imagine it gets a little nicer. I've only ridden the trail from 28th St area South for that very reason. Maybe my perceptions are wrong. :dontknow:

I have to agree a bit with that other rider. Not so much about Wyoming, but that stretch of I-196 and where the trail goes through is gross. :sick: Junkyards, waste treatment plants, gravel pits, massive train yards. And a lot of times the tunnel under the highway is flooded over, isn't it? I've often wondered who would want to ride through that area. Once you get out of there and South of Chicago Drive, I would imagine it gets a little nicer. I've only ridden the trail from 28th St area South for that very reason. Maybe my perceptions are wrong. :dontknow:

I ride my bike ALOT when the weather is nice and prefer trails because one doesn't need to worry about cars. However, that stretch of Kent Trails is icky and could be outright dangerous. I'm extremely streetwise but last summer I decided to take a ride on a lovely Sunday afternoon. I didn't see another soul from John Ball Park out past Indian Mounds. While that sounds peaceful enough - I couldn't shake the feeling that if I were to run into the wrong person, or group of people, I could really have my hands full. I won't ride out there unless I'm with a group of friends. I figure I'm better off riding around Heritage Hill - Eastown - Reeds Lake where there are other people out and just be very careful of cars.

Archived