McKee Foods to Expand

flith

McKee Foods will expand it's Collegdale/Apison plant. A $50 million investment will double the size of the facility. TDOT also plans to extend a new highway to Collegdale from the Enterprise South exit on I-75.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so proud to say that the company I work for is expanding! This expansion will more than double the size of the Apison Pike plant and add 175 new jobs. The estimated investment is $50 Million to start for the building expansion and a new production line. However, the company plans to add two additional production lines soon thereafter, and the new plant expansion building will be large enough to house two more lines on top of that. This is huge news! I've talked to some of the engineers that are working on the project, and they've been told to fast track the construction. We are hoping to start "moving dirt" in August. McKee Foods Corporation currently employs 3,100 people in the Chattanooga area, and this expansion will up that number close to 3,300. Here's the article about the expansion as reported by the Chattanooga Times Free Press:

McKee Foods Expands

Archived