Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

Broad River neighborhood master plan

12 posts in this topic

Looks like the Broad River area has plans for redevelopment. The three neighborhoods to be targeted are Broad River Heights, Riverview Terrace and Roosevelt Village. Infrastructure, aesthetics, and lack of open spaces are the weaknesses of the area.

I think this is like the 4th area in and around Columbia to have a master plan developed.

I think that area has alot of potential. I understand the concerns about affordable housing, but no one should have to live in a place like Roosevelt Village.

People who read The State trip me out. Read the comments.

They're a bunch of narrow-minded, selfish losers :angry: . Sorry, I had to vent a little.

Some of those neighborhoods really need a master plan. I'm glad they're not getting left out.

They're a bunch of narrow-minded, selfish losers :angry: . Sorry, I had to vent a little.

Some of those neighborhoods really need a master plan. I'm glad they're not getting left out.

Better known as NIMBYs, and you can find them in every city.

This sounds great. A city must never forget its older neighborhoods. Master-planning is the way to go, since you can work towards the goal over a variable period of time.

^But most of the narrow-minded people who post in the commentary section just don't understand that.

With all of the focus in cities being turned towards downtown and exurbs, the first- and second-ring suburbs run the risk of getting lost in the shuffle. It's good to see some attention being turned to these areas. I expect to hear about more developments like this, as investment in the city's core continues to spill over to these neighborhoods.

Am I correct in saying that most of these areas are not in the city of Columbia? If they are, All the power to them. If they are not, the first step toward renewal should be annexation.

Am I correct in saying that most of these areas are not in the city of Columbia? If they are, All the power to them. If they are not, the first step toward renewal should be annexation.

I believe they are within the city limits.

Aren't areas of Broad River Road within a particular public service district and/or census designated place?

Most of the neighborhood they are talking about aren't in the city limits....

ncol.jpg

222351101324.gif

Perhaps Columbia and Richland County have some sort of arrangement for plannign purposes? I can't come up wiht any other reason why they woudl do this.

My father in law is building three tiny houses down there to rent out. Hopefully the neighborhood will improve. He got the lots for next to nothing.