Broad River neighborhood master plan

krazeeboi

Looks like the Broad River area has plans for redevelopment. The three neighborhoods to be targeted are Broad River Heights, Riverview Terrace and Roosevelt Village. Infrastructure, aesthetics, and lack of open spaces are the weaknesses of the area.

I think this is like the 4th area in and around Columbia to have a master plan developed.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who read The State trip me out. Read the comments.

They're a bunch of narrow-minded, selfish losers :angry: . Sorry, I had to vent a little.

Some of those neighborhoods really need a master plan. I'm glad they're not getting left out.

They're a bunch of narrow-minded, selfish losers :angry: . Sorry, I had to vent a little.

Some of those neighborhoods really need a master plan. I'm glad they're not getting left out.

Better known as NIMBYs, and you can find them in every city.

This sounds great. A city must never forget its older neighborhoods. Master-planning is the way to go, since you can work towards the goal over a variable period of time.

^But most of the narrow-minded people who post in the commentary section just don't understand that.

With all of the focus in cities being turned towards downtown and exurbs, the first- and second-ring suburbs run the risk of getting lost in the shuffle. It's good to see some attention being turned to these areas. I expect to hear about more developments like this, as investment in the city's core continues to spill over to these neighborhoods.

Am I correct in saying that most of these areas are not in the city of Columbia? If they are, All the power to them. If they are not, the first step toward renewal should be annexation.

I believe they are within the city limits.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived