Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSmith

Tracage to break ground in August

22 posts in this topic

As reported elsewhere.... Well, the first of several high rise condos will break ground in August, according to the developer. Vantage should follow suit pretty soon. So, let the condo boom begin! Thought I'd throw this topic into the mix... board's been kinda slow lately....

As reported elsewhere.... Well, the first of several high rise condos will break ground in August, according to the developer. Vantage should follow suit pretty soon. So, let the condo boom begin! Thought I'd throw this topic into the mix... board's been kinda slow lately....

Awesome news! Great way to kickstart the board again. :D

I could not have said it any better myself ! Thanks for posting the renderings.

No problem guys! I really like the newest renderings released of Tracage too, looks like a very nice building, IMO. :thumbsup:

I reserved a unit in the building. Cant wait for it to be done. I love the infinity pool on the roof. Cheers!

^Awesome! :thumbsup:

I can tell you that when your condo is finally completed, everyone on this forum will gladly throw you a housewarming party, as long as you actually let us in to take in the view! :D

I would seriously be out there taking pictures every night if I had any of the views you'll get from your condo in Tracage!

i also reserved one in Vantage, but am more psyched about this project because it is designed very well and has the rooftop pool deal. I actually have a condo on Tchoupitoulas right now, in a building called Sugar Plantation. I dont know what im going to do with all these places. Hahah. Cheers. BTW does anyone have an update on that 37 story tower proposal. I know it was rejected for height. Just wondering if it was scrapped or being relocated or redesigned.

BTW does anyone have an update on that 37 story tower proposal. I know it was rejected for height. Just wondering if it was scrapped or being relocated or redesigned.

I haven't heard since it was rejected, but I think if the developer just relocates the building to another part of the CBD, it would proably go through easily. A 37 story story tower in the middle of downtown would never have problems passing because of height.

i agree because the place he originally proposed it was unacceptable. it was too tall for the warehouse district. I mean there are so many other parking lots to build on why bulldoze warehouses.

tennis, are you flipping these things?

It is an investment and too complicated to explain but they will all be lived in by someone. But sure, I hope these assets appreciate. Cheers.

In a letter from the developers of this project it told everyone that it would start construction early next year, and that it was raising prices on the remaining available units. Maybe, they will just begin demolishing the building on the site in August.

Cheers,

Derek

Tracage received unanimous approval from City Council on Thursday. The existing buildings will be demolished in the next couple of weeks. Look for this project to move forward rather quickly.

Thanks for the update! Exciting to hear it'll happen so soon!

That's going to be a very nice looking development. Thanks for keeping us posted. I like what they said that a high-rise tower near the river would be "a hallmark of the post-Katrina higher, denser concept".

City Business reported that it would take 20 months until it was complete.

City Business reported that it would take 20 months until it was complete.

Just to make sure I've got everything right, do they mean 20 months from now, or 20 months from when construction begins?

haha good question!

i'm not really sure...here's what it said:

"It will take 20 months to build the project, Voyles said."

Just to make sure I've got everything right, do they mean 20 months from now, or 20 months from when construction begins?

I'm sure it's 20 months from the beginning of construction. It looks like an August start date is out, considering August is just about over and the City Council only recently approved construction.