Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raleighfan

TBJ: Ex-Capital Bank CEO to buy Greenville bank, move it to Raleigh

8 posts in this topic

"Beck says he has yet to decide where TrustAtlantic will open its Raleigh headquarters and retail operation. "

hmmmmm...what about the Reynolds building Mr. Beck? :D

With such a small bank, I would think they would first move to a north Raleigh location, I do hope I'm wrong, however.

With such a small bank, I would think they would first move to a north Raleigh location, I do hope I'm wrong, however.

yeh you're prolly right, with just $30 mil in assets and only 19 employees...but.... the article also says they plan to add another $75-100 mil in capital and also keep in mind this is the same guy who grew Capital Bank into what it is today, so I don't think he's planning on this bank remaining small--smart money in Raleigh is on a DT location, and this guy strikes me as smart (oops--except for those 3 bad loans lol) oh well we all makes mistakes sometimes ;)

Great news for Raleigh no matter where the hdq building lands. Though of course I am also partial to a downtown location. :D

Hahah, well Capital didn't move downtown till after he left. Hopefully he'll see the importance of having something HQ'd downtown.

It also said that with him he grew Capital Bank to 900 Million. I say Build Reynolds new proposal to 45 floors and let Beck fill it in 2 years

It also said that with him he grew Capital Bank to 900 Million. I say Build Reynolds new proposal to 45 floors and let Beck fill it in 2 years

I like how you think. :yahoo: Can you imagine having a 45 story building in that spot. I think a lot of people wouldn't like it though because of its location relative to the core of DT.