Whole Foods coming to Lafayette

breaux

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Whole Foods located in uptown New Orleans and I heard 2 employees talking;

they said that the company has decided not to open in lafayette, but they said there will probably be a Whole Foods built on the Northshore within 5 years.

I don't really know how reliable their information is...

How big is Lafayette? I didn't think it was that big. I know some people would like to see Whole Foods move into the NWA metro. Despite all the big growth we've been having we haven't attracted some retail like this yet.

As of the 2000 census:

City- 112,030

MSA- around 250,000

As of 2004:

CSA- 524,163

Lafayette was growing very well before Katrina, and that rate has increased even more post-Katrina.

As of the 2000 census:

City- 112,030

MSA- around 250,000

As of 2004:

CSA- 524,163

Lafayette was growing very well before Katrina, and that rate has increased even more post-Katrina.

Hmmm...the metro up here is around 450,000. I guess maybe it's that Arkansas stigma or something. Oh well good luck on the Whole Foods. :D

Hmmm...the metro up here is around 450,000. I guess maybe it's that Arkansas stigma or something. Oh well good luck on the Whole Foods. :D

I don't know... before your metro surpassed mine in population, you already had almost every chain known to man. You guys have tons of chains my metro doesn't have, and you even have some that no city in Louisiana has.

I was in Whole Foods located in uptown New Orleans and I heard 2 employees talking;

they said that the company has decided not to open in lafayette, but they said there will probably be a Whole Foods built on the Northshore within 5 years.

I don't really know how reliable their information is...

I can certainly understand why they wouldn't after losing out on putting their store in River Ranch. With the Fresh Market within that neighborhood, Whole Foods would be at somewhat of a disadvantage despite the name recognition.

Still, I think it could work. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know if you're information is correct or not, but I was in Tsunami's in downtown Lafayette about a month ago and overheard a conversation about where to put the Whole Foods, and it wasn't about location, but rather about how to situate the shopping center (parking, etc.). Take that with a grain of salt, as I don' know who the people talking were. I don't think that it is a coincidence though that Whole Foods made the paper not a week later...

I prefer to shop locally anyway, so neither the Fresh Market nor the Whole Foods would get much of my business, but it would be nice for a lot of people.

• 2 weeks later...

I can certainly understand why they wouldn't after losing out on putting their store in River Ranch. With the Fresh Market within that neighborhood, Whole Foods would be at somewhat of a disadvantage despite the name recognition.

Still, I think it could work. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know if you're information is correct or not, but I was in Tsunami's in downtown Lafayette about a month ago and overheard a conversation about where to put the Whole Foods, and it wasn't about location, but rather about how to situate the shopping center (parking, etc.). Take that with a grain of salt, as I don' know who the people talking were. I don't think that it is a coincidence though that Whole Foods made the paper not a week later...

I prefer to shop locally anyway, so neither the Fresh Market nor the Whole Foods would get much of my business, but it would be nice for a lot of people.

When is Whole foods coming to Shreveport-Bossier I know there must be a lot of health conscious people

There

• 2 years later...

Archived