Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBurban

Isle of Palms, South Carolina

7 posts in this topic

Ill post these here too :D

This past week I went to the delightful port city of Charleston, SC. This is the first part of a 4 or 5 part photo tour of the city and the barrier islands :D

The new Cooper River Bridge

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

Isle of Palms from the Isle of Palms Connector

DSC01989.jpg

DSC01990.jpg

Entrance to the Wild Dunes Resort (where I stayed :D )

DSC01993.jpg

Views from the room, they were spectacular!

DSC01997.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

One of the pools

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

Walk to the beach

DSC02007.jpg

The Grand Pavillion

DSC02011.jpg

DSC02009.jpg

The beach

DSC02012.jpg

Looking back at the hotel

DSC02014.jpg

Views from the Isle of Palms Connector later that night

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

The town of Isle of the Palms

DSC02240.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

The Boardwalk Inn (my hotel building)

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

The lobby

DSC02171.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed Part 1! Stay tuned for the next part: The Charleston Skyline

Awsome pics!

IOP is a great place, thats where i always go to the beach when im in the Charleston area

Good pics; looks like you picked a nice lodging spot as well.

If you've never been to IOP Marina, you're missing a special treat. Same goes for a trip up the Intercoastal Waterway along IOP, where you'll see some beautiful homes. :shades:

If you've never been to IOP Marina, you're missing a special treat. Same goes for a trip up the Intercoastal Waterway along IOP, where you'll see some beautiful homes. :shades:

I know what youre talkin about :D Those homes down by the marina are breathtaking! Absolutely stunning houses right by the water, the ones on palm Boulevard and Sullivans Isle arent bad either.

I know what youre talkin about :D Those homes down by the marina are breathtaking! Absolutely stunning houses right by the water, the ones on palm Boulevard and Sullivans Isle arent bad either.

Interesting to note that Edgar Allen Poe frequented this area and even wrote a short story set on Sullivan's Island, 'The Gold Bug.' It is definitely one of my personal favorites. :thumbsup:

Interesting to note that Edgar Allen Poe frequented this area and even wrote a short story set on Sullivan's Island, 'The Gold Bug.' It is definitely one of my personal favorites. :thumbsup:

Theres a Poes Tavern on Sullivans Island in the area where all of the bars are on Middle Street (walking distance to SC 703). They make REALLY REALLY good burgers (several occasions ate there) and they certainly took care of me nicely for my 21st birthday! Dont worry, i had a designated driver who also took care of me that night, my sister!