Fireworks

Hartfordfan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I didn't snap any photos, but it was a great night. I started my night with dinner at Mayor Mike's and then went over to the riverfront at about 8:30, and it was packed with people. There were lots of vendors and some live music. I sat in the halfway down the ampitheater on the grass, and had a great view of the fireworks. The Connecticut River looked amazing with what looked like hundreds of small boats dotting the river. The fireworks display lasted about a half-hour and was well choreographed with the music.

It was a great night for the city as a whole. Going over the pedestrian bridge over the river, it was impossible not to notice the on-going construction work at the Science Center site, and other than that the city was very clean.

Well done Hartford.

I went down to the fireworks. The city was abuzz with action as estimates have the crowds at 325,000 which included city residents, visitors and suburbanites. The Islamic Cirlce of North America was having their convention at the CCC which added more people in the city (and it was nice to have everyone be able to look over at the convention center and see it packed!!!).

Constitution Plaza, the Riverfront and downtown streets were packed with people who came to listen to the performances, have a bite to eat and watch the fireworks.

Now my only complaint.....The fireworks were not done from the CT River they were done from East Hartford. Last year while watching from Constituion Plaza (by Phoenix, Travelers and the long bridge over Columbus Blvd) the fireworks were right in front of you and much higher in the air. This year they were lower and not as loud. I did not mind but I heard some complaints from members of my family who had grown up in the city and have watched the fireworks for years. Now on the other hand I also had relatives and friends up from out of state who loved the fireworks and couldn't believe how busy the city was last night. My only concern is that next year people wont try to find a better spot to watch the fireworks...meaning a spot closer to east hartford...meaning a spot not in downtown Hartford.

Archived