Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kayman

Eastwood Village

6 posts in this topic

Eastwood Village awakens

The 360,000 sq. ft. shopping center is already 50% leased with Wal-Mart Supercenter, Old Navy, Ruby Tuesday, and Ross Dress for Less. It wouldn't surprise me if this center might help Century Plaza get revitalized. :blush:

Century Plaza is supposed to be revitalized by the same group that did Colonial Brookwood Village if I'm not mistaken.

Good news as a friend of mine described Century Plaza after a recent visit as "a bad mall in the wrong part of town". Hope it can be turned around as well.

It is a good mall and very convenient IMO. It is the ignorance of certain people that believe the mall is dangerous or in a bad part of town. It is no more dangerous than any other mall.

I think in addition to the Eastwood Village, I think another Costco or a BJ's Warehouse would do well in the area. They would do awesome IMO since it would be the only other Birmingham store other than the Galleria store. This store would draw customers from all over--Trussville, Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Irondale, and even Homewood. I think it should be located across Crestwood Blvd from Eastwood Village on the former Circuit City or Toys R US stores and very near many restaurants like Logan's, I-HOP, Olive Garden, etc. This would be awesome. The city needs to try to lure one of these before Trussville, Leeds, or Moody.

I think in addition to the Eastwood Village, I think another Costco or a BJ's Warehouse would do well in the area. They would do awesome IMO since it would be the only other Birmingham store other than the Galleria store. This store would draw customers from all over--Trussville, Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Irondale, and even Homewood. I think it should be located across Crestwood Blvd from Eastwood Village on the former Circuit City or Toys R US stores and very near many restaurants like Logan's, I-HOP, Olive Garden, etc. This would be awesome. The city needs to try to lure one of these before Trussville, Leeds, or Moody.