University Parkway & Reynolda Road

ncbrian

The scary thing is, Starbucks probably has more planned we don't know about yet!! When I have been some major market there were literally Starbucks across the street from each other!

True enough. I have seen that as well. Check out this map of some of the Greensboro stores.

Two are so close together the numbers overlap each other on the map!

getmap.gif

• 1 month later...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

not quite sure where to put this...

the W-S Theater Alliance just renovated the former gas station at the corner of Reynolda and NW Blvd for their new home. thanks to Possum for this net find! who knew a gas station could be this beautiful.

im really feeling this new wave of small theaters coming up in the city since some of our festivals depend on small venues. great addition to West End!

wstahome_2.jpg

http://www.wstheatrealliance.org/

I love the retro-ness of the new theatre. It should create an interesting experience once it is opened. It should also spurr some more development and openings in the west end area. I would love for this to become a more lively area...such as a district full of retaurants, stores and bars. A very comfortable and inviting area for people to go day and night. It is a cool place now but could become even better.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vinnie's Raw Bar from Charlotte, is wanting to open in the former Rowland's location on Reynolda Rd (close to Reynolda Village/House.) However, local residents are opposed because Vinnies wants to stay open until 2am and the residents feel that Vinnie's would fit better out on Hanes Mall Blvd or Stratford.

Read the WSJ article here.

i'm not surprised about this.....this neighborhood only wants the most upscale and uppity establishments. I haven't visited Vinnie's other locations but it appears to be a nice and different place for the area. I think they would do well with the younger professional crowd in the area and the WFU students. A place located close to the school with good food and open late would do well....I am sure.....I support change and would prefer the place not stay empty

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived