Florida Hospital addition

TomMSCE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some friends fo mine from Chi-town drove by FH South and saw the construction and thought it was the "medical city" Orlando was building. They actually heard of the Lake Nona thing up there... to their surprise, they realized- holy cow, you mean there's more U/C? I told them- oh, no, this is just FH's expansion... no big deal...

great project through and through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know how it will be lit, but there is a cool way of lighting glass that could utilized here.

When etched glass is lit from the sides instead of backlit, the etching shines like white light while the rest of the glass remains clear. That would show off the logo and not light the rest of the glass.

I also hope they do something to the exterior of that really old section that's still visible just to the west of the last expansion. I'm talking about that ugly, tacky looking military base looking low rise section that's been there since the 50's or 60's.

• 1 month later...

Funny thing is, they're only going to use about half the floors of that building for the foreseeable future.

The rest are just going to sit empty for a good while.

But I guess if they have the money, it's better to build more space than they need right now at today's construction prices so in the future they can grow into it as they need to without having to spend more money & go thru more expansion headaches later on.

Funny thing is, they're only going to use about half the floors of that building for the foreseeable future.

But I guess if they have the money, it's better to build more space than they need right now at today's construction prices so in the future they can grow into it as they need to without having to spend more money & go thru more expansion headaches later on.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived