Florida Hospital addition

TomMSCE

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while but flying into OEA this evening I figured now would be just as good a time as any to see what you guys think of the Florida Hospital lighting scheme. You clearly can't miss the roofline but what do you guys make of the tower (frosted glass backlighting, etc.)?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while but flying into OEA this evening I figured now would be just as good a time as any to see what you guys think of the Florida Hospital lighting scheme. You clearly can't miss the roofline but what do you guys make of the tower (frosted glass backlighting, etc.)?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry, no photo.

at night, the spire turret is illuminated from within and looks sharp; the spine of the tower is illuminated with separations, but from the roof up it's solid and looks real nice. it's worth a drive.

from the entrance, looking at the building as a whole with the stainless-looking skywalk and all, the complex looks first class; definitely no second fiddle with this one.

It's going to be a big street party. I imagine all the local media will be there & they're capping it off with fireworks to boot. Should be quite an event. Hopefully free refreshments/snacks, etc. The food at the employee open house was pretty good. I'm going to try to get there a couple of hours early to get a parking space. Fortunately the new garage is open & they're letting people park there free for the time being.

to all on these boards, there is something very shockingly shocking going on with the east facade of this building. I didn't have a camera with me, but last night, just about every single window in this tower had a blinking red or orange beacon and the whole building was oscillating like some 1970's futuristic computer control panel. unbelievable light display-- makes Vue look tame, and if this is FH's idea of "light art", once complete, this will be one of the most dramatic such displays probably in the world. wow is all I can say.

anyone in Orlando should drive up Mills and see this thing. this is the most dramatic development in this latest wave of construction so far; you could probably see this thing from an airplane window taking off or landing at OIA-- kind of like those video billboards that can be seen for like 5+ miles away.

I really am impressed with the vison over at FH.

but, once again, the orientation of the building keeps this thing from view from downtown and from I-4, so, say-la-vee.

to all on these boards, there is something very shockingly shocking going on with the east facade of this building. I didn't have a camera with me, but last night, just about every single window in this tower had a blinking red or orange beacon and the whole building was oscillating like some 1970's futuristic computer control panel. unbelievable light display-- makes Vue look tame, and if this is FH's idea of "light art", once complete, this will be one of the most dramatic such displays probably in the world. wow is all I can say.

anyone in Orlando should drive up Mills and see this thing. this is the most dramatic development in this latest wave of construction so far; you could probably see this thing from an airplane window taking off or landing at OIA-- kind of like those video billboards that can be seen for like 5+ miles away.

I really am impressed with the vison over at FH.

but, once again, the orientation of the building keeps this thing from view from downtown and from I-4, so, say-la-vee.

^^

you are correct, sir. I verified yesterday evening with a buddy at B&G who said it was just for the celebration. you are even more right, b/c last night I went out there in 51 degree weather and took a few pix, froze by tail off, and realized that the entire room at each window was lighting up. but these weren't the colors from the night before- the night before were these brilliant red and orange beacons oscillating randomly. it was wicked. You know, one of those I-Drive hotels should invest in something like that to bring attention to the area.

HPIM2873.jpg

HPIM2874.jpg

HPIM2886.jpg

HPIM2881.jpg

HPIM2878.jpg

Since this grand opening also coincides with Florida Hospital's 100th anniversary (it was founded in 1908 right where it sits today), I wonder if at some point during this light show, possibly at the end, they light up just the rooms that make a giant number 100 appear on the facade.

Think maybe that flashing you saw was them testing the alarm system.....?

Nahhhhhhh. I'm hoping to see what you described Monday night. Sounds awesome.

Starts at 6 pm. Be there or be square.

man, I don't know... but that flashing light display with the reds and oranges was the coolest thing I had seen in years; it wasn't pastel-like in the photos above... it was in your face super brilliant. almost like what you might see at EPCOT if they had a bldg. there lit up at night in Futureworld.

Since this grand opening also coincides with Florida Hospital's 100th anniversary (it was founded in 1908 right where it sits today), I wonder if at some point during this light show, possibly at the end, they light up just the rooms that make a giant number 100 appear on the facade.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived