How many Starbucks does your city have?

Justiceham

Recently I have noticed a surge of new Starbucks popping up everywhere. Even Smyrna and Manchester have their own. Murfreesboro has four Starbucks, two of them on the MTSU campus, one off Church Street and another on Old Fort Parkway. How many does your city have?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the starbucks website, there are 32 in the Memphis area. The staff at the Starbucks next to the restaurant where I'm working this summer claim that Memphis and Nashville are both markets to experience a "saturation" phase over the next year(s) in which 30 more Starbucks will be placed in Memphis as well as 30 more in Nashville.

Cleveland has one big fancy free standing Starbucks at the Village Green Town Center near downtown and a 2nd one in the Pathway Bookstore.

I hear a 3rd one is on the way up on Paul Huff Parkway near some new large commerical developments in the works.

Recently I have noticed a surge of new Starbucks popping up everywhere. Even Smyrna and Manchester have their own. Murfreesboro has four Starbucks, two of them on the MTSU campus, one off Church Street and another on Old Fort Parkway. How many does your city have?

1 is too many. Especially the freestanding ones. Give me Otherlands anyday.

I've heard that one of Starbucks's strategies is to place one within a short distance after another, that way when someone passes one, they see it and then they decide to stop at the next one. This could especially be true on West End in Nashville with the one that was not very accessible to drivers at the 2525 building (I believe that's the name...where Chang's and Borders is), and now the new one that was built just 4 or 5 blocks down the street.

I've heard that one of Starbucks's strategies is to place one within a short distance after another, that way when someone passes one, they see it and then they decide to stop at the next one. This could especially be true on West End in Nashville with the one that was not very accessible to drivers at the 2525 building (I believe that's the name...where Chang's and Borders is), and now the new one that was built just 4 or 5 blocks down the street.

I can believe that easily! There are two shopping centers that I know of here in Memphis with three starbucks in them...At the shops of forest hill, you have a starbucks, one in target, and a starbucks-sponsored coffee bar in schnucks (that could be cheating, tho)...then on germantown road...gah...there's one on the other end of the strip where I'm working for the summer, then there's one one block up and then another shortly after that one!

However many, that's too many.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Murfreesboro has four Starbucks, two of them on the MTSU campus, one off Church Street and another on Old Fort Parkway.

One question to consider though is what constitutes a Starbucks? If you visit their Web site, they only claim two of the ones you mentioned in Murfreesboro. The ones at MTSU technically don't count since they're not owned by Starbucks, but rather serve a limitted selection of Starbucks coffees.

Archived