How many Starbucks does your city have?

Justiceham

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Tallahassee didn't even have any until about 2003 (though I believe Barnes and Noble sold their coffee there prior to that). If I'm not mistaken Florida as a whole was a brand new market for Starbucks at that time. How many does Tallahassee have now? I know there's one on Tennessee St., and I think I recall there being a second one as well last time I was there (though I could be wrong).

One question to consider though is what constitutes a Starbucks? If you visit their Web site, they only claim two of the ones you mentioned in Murfreesboro. The ones at MTSU technically don't count since they're not owned by Starbucks, but rather serve a limitted selection of Starbucks coffees.

Oh well, least we have Starbucks. Some places aint even got a Super Walmart yet................................................................and they may be the lucky ones, lol.

• 1 month later...

I can believe that easily! There are two shopping centers that I know of here in Memphis with three starbucks in them...At the shops of forest hill, you have a starbucks, one in target, and a starbucks-sponsored coffee bar in schnucks (that could be cheating, tho)...then on germantown road...gah...there's one on the other end of the strip where I'm working for the summer, then there's one one block up and then another shortly after that one!

dont forget wolfchase galleria which has a starbucks... then 7 minutes away walking theres barnes and noble which has a starbucks... and then 2 minutes walking from that, in its own building is a starbucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't really drink coffee, and i'm not a fan of Starbucks, but i'll join in.

Since my hometown in Tennessee, Nashville, has been done, i'll do Chicago, where i live now.

In metro Chicago there are approximately 408 Starbucks. :sick:

There are 30 stores within a twenty minute walk from my place. (a 2 mile radius) :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Finally, we get our FIRST Starbucks. Slated to open next week in Bristol, but on the Virginia side of the city. In the metro area, I think we have 3 now. One in Johnson City (maybe even 2) and one in Kingsport.

According to the Starbucks official website, there's just one in Johnson City, and the new one in Bristol. There's not one (yet) in Kingsport.

^ Exactly. A lot of Barnes and Noble bookstores and Targets have them as well, but they aren't owned by Starbucks.

Everyone wants to get in on the Starbucks craze, I suppose, being the reason for this.

We have three Starbucks stores within a 1/4-mile stretch of road in one section of the city, but only one is a stand-alone store. The others are "kiosk" stores inside SuperTarget and Barnes & Noble. I suppose they all do well independently since people who want Starbucks aren't likely to go to SuperTarget or Barnes & Noble just for the coffee; but on the flipside, people who just happen to be in SuperTarget or Barnes & Noble will probably see it there in the store and decide to get some coffee. This obviously wouldn't rob too much business from the stand-alone store out on the street, since like I said, there are still the tons of people who'd much rather just drive through or sit down in the regular Starbucks than to go inside a larger, busier store just to get the same product at a kiosk.

Edit: I see where the SuperTarget and Albertson's kiosks are listed on Starbucks' website, but not Barnes & Noble. So it seems that the SuperTarget stores may be recognized by Starbucks, just not Barnes & Noble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Where is this Otherland place? I mean is it in one of the safer pockets of Midtown? It is more of a hangout place? Does it serve food as well?

It's on Cooper between Peabody and Central. They do serve food. There's also a little shop that sells postcards and stuff. They also have live music. They're probably on myspace you can check it out.

I forgot the name of the coffee shop on Union by Sun Studios, but I heard it's huge, free wireless, and stays open late.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived