How many Starbucks does your city have?

Justiceham

7 in New Orleans, 2 in the vicinity. Let me break it down:

3 on Canal St

2 Uptown location-Magazine St. & Washington Ave. Intersection, and on Maple St.

2 in the CBD

Memphis is now up to 38 in the metro area. New Orleans has so few partly due to CC's and entrenched places like Cafe du Monde.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are counting Starbucks outlets where Starbucks coffee is served by third parties, oddly enough Bethel College in McKenzie has one! LOL

As Kyle stated earlier there is still only one in Jackson as far as I know and its a free standing one on Vann Drive (the main commercial strip on the northside of the city).

Martin just got a independent coffee shop thats pretty trendy right next to the University. Seems to be doing pretty well. No high end coffee shops in Union City, Paris, or Dyersburg yet as far as I know.

The on-going joke that my partner and I make is that when we see a Starbucks, we're still in or made it back to civilization. Personnally I don't go to them and couldn't care how many there are. I like my coffee black without any sugar and they like to create French Burnt coffee they they expect you to load up with filler and more filler.

The on-going joke that my partner and I make is that when we see a Starbucks, we're still in or made it back to civilization. Personnally I don't go to them and couldn't care how many there are. I like my coffee black without any sugar and they like to create French Burnt coffee they they expect you to load up with filler and more filler.

I don't drink coffee but my man swears by the stuff. He's got yeller teeth to prove it.

• 1 month later...

Starbucks will open four new locations in the next few months bringing the total to 7 in Murfreesboro. These locations include Rutherford boulevard, Lascasas Pike, Stones River Mall, and the Avenues Mall. Smyrna will also open a new location in the Smyrna Commons development bringing their total to 2. Lavergne will open their first Starbucks along Waldron Road in the near future.

• 5 months later...

According to the starbucks website, there are 32 in the Memphis area. The staff at the Starbucks next to the restaurant where I'm working this summer claim that Memphis and Nashville are both markets to experience a "saturation" phase over the next year(s) in which 30 more Starbucks will be placed in Memphis as well as 30 more in Nashville.

38 in Atlanta

• 3 weeks later...

I think Murfreesboro has 6. 3 around Stones River Mall, one inside it, one at the Avenues(inside Barnes&Noble), maybe 7 if a stand-alone is built there and at the new Publix across from Alvin C. York. One on S. Church, and another across from Wal-Mart on Rutherford.

Lascassas Pike Kroger also has a Starbucks...

7 total for the Boro

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

And then there were 5...Starbuck's will close 2 stores in Murfreesboro. Two of the three mall locations were deemed underperformers. Three locations within a half mile of each other never made sense to me. I think they should have never had a mall kiosque and opened the other store in the Blackman area. When Murfreesboro finally opens major retail on the north side of town (231 north), a store would be jusitfied as well.

Cleveland is now sporting 2 real Starbucks! Look out cause we are catching up. :silly: The two Cleveland locations are as follows:

A free standing unit at the corner of Inman St and Keith St (US 11) on the edge of Village Green Town Center development.

A unit inside Target which is located at exit 27 off of Paul Huff Parkway NW @ I-75.

There is one 3rd party vendor that I know of which is the cafe located inside the Pathway Bookstore on 25th St NW.

Luckily, Clarksville is not losing any of its three stores. We could use one or two more with our population. Murfreesboro is losing two. I think they had upwards of five or six stores, though. That's way too many for a city their size.

We had seven, the eighth store was cancelled at the Avenues, however. I often wondered how we went from opening one store to seven stores in just a couple of years. I suppose they take into account traffic counts, residential growth, and income levels to determine how many stores they'll open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Jackson is losing one of its three locations -its downtown location which is also the newest. Downtown just isn't there yet as far as having the consumer base during the day -and definitely not at night- to support higher cost coffee....although its getting there.

We're back up to five stores. The Murfreesboro area has 8 eight stores if you include the two in smyrna and one in nolensville. There was a store rumored for the Westlawn development on 840 a few years back, guess we'll have to wait and see.

• 8 months later...

Archived