Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qfsmayhem

Strange red billboards in GSO

10 posts in this topic

Within the past month I've seen a bevy of strange, abstract billboards in various parts of Greensboro. They have a uniform, deep red background with simple text painted on them. The three texts I've seen have been: "shiny, shiny. pretty, pretty."; "Look, I have a meat beard!"; and "I pooted."

Does anyone have any idea what these billboards are about? Are they actually a subversive, slow-acting ad campaign that is supposed to eventually reveal its intentions? Or is it just ads for blank ad space? Why do the statements on the boards seem so random and disconnected to any sort of ad campaign? I'm really perplexed by these things and want some answers. :)

j.

---

J's Indie/Rock Mayhem - Wednesday nights 6pm - 8pm on WQFS Greensboro 90.9 FM

J's Extra Mayhem - Sunday nights 10pm - 12 midnight on WQFS Greensboro 90.9 FM

Podcasts, downloads, playlists and more! - http://qfsmayhem.blogspot.com

I've seen the "I pooted" one in Charlotte. I was like, "What the hell?"

I saw a "I pooted" sign in Winston-Salem. I was wondering too.

Cartoon network? Do they have something to do with Meatwad, by chance, from the Adult Swim cartoon Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Are the lines of text from particular cartoons?

Yeah, it's for some Cartoon Network show. When I first saw them about a week or two ago, I was wondering why someone would put so much money into something like that. They need to put more information on their billboards.

They're doing it because they just signed a deal with Mattel to put out new toys based on the characters from the shows. Full list here: I Pooted

heh, i haven't seen any of them. my dad actually saw a couple of them and was asking me about them. now i know!

There's one on 40 East right after you past wendover it says ' I'm a hot toe picker' is that cartoon netwrok also.

yep. i saw the "i pooted" one on wendover the other day too.