Family Attractions Coming to NWA

mcheiss

Over the past few months we have experienced many new hopeful family oriented projects coming to NWA. I just want to post the list of one's I have come up with.

Ice Rink/Splash Ground Park in Downtown Bentonville.

Splash Ground Park opening in Rogers.

Itz Fun, 50,000 square foot Pizza Restaurant that includes Bumper Cars, 18 Hole Put Put Golf Course, Bowling Alley, Games, and Go-Karts. To be in Pleasant Crossing in Rogers.

AA East Coast Hockey League Team in the 8500 seat Arena in Bentonville. More Minor League Teams to be announced in the near future.

Incredible Pizza Company. Basically same thing as Itz Fun, location in Springdale.

AA Minor League Baseball Team, rumored to be the Whicita Wranglers of the Texas League. Location in Springdale.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible Pizza Company. Basically same thing as Itz Fun, location in Springdale.

I never heard about this! This is the same Incredible Pizza Company I was raving about in Springfield. Boy do I feel like a heel now for sulking and moaning about how much more fun Springfield sounds and to think in just a few short years (when you're my age years keep getting shorter!) there will be an abundance of family fun right here in NWA! Thanks Matt!!! :yahoo:

Two More Attractions...

Kids Museum/Discovery Center, to be located most likely in Bentonville. This will be the second Kids Museum in Arkansas.

Science/Tech Museum in Fayetteville. Most likely an affiliate with the Smithsonian.

Ice Rink/Splash Ground Park in Downtown Bentonville.

Splash Ground Park opening in Rogers.

Itz Fun, 50,000 square foot Pizza Restaurant that includes Bumper Cars, 18 Hole Put Put Golf Course, Bowling Alley, Games, and Go-Karts. To be in Pleasant Crossing in Rogers.

AA East Coast Hockey League Team in the 8500 seat Arena in Bentonville. More Minor League Teams to be announced in the near future.

AA Minor League Baseball Team, rumored to be the Whicita Wranglers of the Texas League. Location in Springdale.

Two More Attractions...

Kids Museum/Discovery Center, to be located most likely in Bentonville. This will be the second Kids Museum in Arkansas.

Science/Tech Museum in Fayetteville. Most likely an affiliate with the Smithsonian.

Now I know you're on something... when and where did you hear about these? First you came out with your wish list with these on it and now you're saying they're coming. Did you bump your head? :lol:

Seems too good to be true, huh, Masonsdad? For real, they have an office in Bentonville, and a website. Check it out:

http://www.nwachildrensmuseum.org/

I'm amazed! Thanks for the link. It's great to see a lot of the people that have moved in over the years getting together and trying to get some family attractions built. :D

Has anyone heard any news if the Pinnacle Group is still building the Makahiki Water Park once slated for the exit near Lowell's JB Hunt Headquarters? I remember an article stating that the group would continue looking for sites that might suit the park better. I really think this area definitely needs a water park. We are long overdue for one.

Has anyone heard any news if the Pinnacle Group is still building the Makahiki Water Park once slated for the exit near Lowell's JB Hunt Headquarters? I remember an article stating that the group would continue looking for sites that might suit the park better. I really think this area definitely needs a water park. We are long overdue for one.

This project is stalled right now. The site off Arkansas 264 (J.B. Hunt Headquarters), was abandoned because traffic woe's would overwhelm 264. Pinnacle offered to build a right turn lane on 264, but it still wouldn't be enough.

I think we will hear more about this project once the Promenade opens, which is around 90 days, and that the Shopps tenants get settled in.

We have to think that Pinnacle is looking for a 20-30 acre of land, that's probably near I-540 somewhere. Pinnacle is preferring that the site be built in Lowell, but I would guess Rogers is still on the map. I'm sure an access road of 5 lanes is needed, plus water connection.

I'll try e-mailing them again, but I'm sure they'll say the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like the Splash park is now being limited to certain days of use due to water concerns.

Make Since due to the Dry Weather and both Bentonville and Rogers working off one water main from Beaver Lake.

That reminds me I've been meaning to ask about the water situation up there. Now this isn't due to the limiting pipes anymore is it? I got the impression that each area has a set amount of water that they have agreed upon. But since Rogers and Bentonville have grown so much they obviously need more water now than they did when these limitations were set. Is this correct?

That reminds me I've been meaning to ask about the water situation up there. Now this isn't due to the limiting pipes anymore is it? I got the impression that each area has a set amount of water that they have agreed upon. But since Rogers and Bentonville have grown so much they obviously need more water now than they did when these limitations were set. Is this correct?

It may be a certain percentage to each city, I'm really not sure. I just know that Bentonville and Rogers on one line doesn't add up.

It may be a certain percentage to each city, I'm really not sure. I just know that Bentonville and Rogers on one line doesn't add up.

I remember then talking about water supply problems last year but it was because it was an old pipe and the new one which I thought was supposed to be ready for this summer was supposed to be in place. To be honest I didn't think there would be anymore problems. But there apparently is. I had gotten the impression it was because of water allocations now.

It looks like the Splash park is now being limited to certain days of use due to water concerns.

Make Since due to the Dry Weather and both Bentonville and Rogers working off one water main from Beaver Lake.

Is the Rogers Splash Park also on limited use? I haven't been there yet, but I guess with the dry weather we've been having a splash park seems such a waste of resources... hot weather or not. I'm heading to the Bentonville Public Pool with my family now.

Is the Rogers Splash Park also on limited use? I haven't been there yet, but I guess with the dry weather we've been having a splash park seems such a waste of resources... hot weather or not. I'm heading to the Bentonville Public Pool with my family now.

This is the one I've been talking about.

I thought the Parks Service was crazy when they announced it would be runnning daily every day, especially during the 100 Degree weather. Surch a waste of resources.

This is the one I've been talking about.

I thought the Parks Service was crazy when they announced it would be runnning daily every day, especially during the 100 Degree weather. Surch a waste of resources.

The splash parks here, as well as WaterTown USA, have been running consistently... even a couple weeks ago when Shreveport was asked to conserve. I can understand WaterTown more, because they're paying out the behind for their water, but for the city to just let their splash parks and playing fountains to just run during water rationing, how stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

This attraction has never been brought up, but what does everyone think about an Annual Renaissance Faire being held in NWA? I usually try to make it to the Castle Renaissance Festival in Muskogee, OK, but don't you think NWA could support a Ren Faire?

Yeah I would think so. I have some friends who I know would certainly go to something like that if it were here.

This attraction has never been brought up, but what does everyone think about an Annual Renaissance Faire being held in NWA? I usually try to make it to the Castle Renaissance Festival in Muskogee, OK, but don't you think NWA could support a Ren Faire?

I hadn't thought about that. I would probably go but I wouldn't get "into it". BTW, does anyone know how often a Renaissance Fair happens?

I hadn't thought about that. I would probably go but I wouldn't get "into it". BTW, does anyone know how often a Renaissance Fair happens?

There is one in Norman OK every year in April or May I think. There used to be a really large one just west of Kansas City, KS. I would have to guess just by the size of it back 15 years ago, that it would probably still going on.

There's roughly around 300 Renaissance Faires in the US that run each year, not including the smallest ones. There's a Ren Faire running at any given time between January and December, depending on the type of Ren Faire it is. There are Dickens Faires that run around Christmas time, but most Ren Faires run between May and August. Each Ren Faire will run for about 4 or 5 weekends each year.

Renaissance Faires closest to NWA:

Kansas City Renaissance Festival, Kansas City, KS

Norman Medieval Fair, Norman, OK

Oklahoma Renaissance Faire, Muskogee, OK

Scarborough Renaissance Faire, Waxahachie, Texas

We used to have a small Ren Faire near north of Huntsville, but they had to move around a lot and the promoter stole all their money and they shut down for good. It was small, but enjoyable to anyone who's really into medieval history and culture. I even dress up in period clothing sometimes. But there's something for everyone at Ren Faires... beer, music, dancing, more beer, comedy acts, magic acts, more beer and some things better not mentioned here. ;)

Just found out that Fayetteville will be holding it's first Renaissance Faire called "Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Festival." It will take place on October 28 & 29 at the Pauline Whitaker Equine Pavilion. Being on UA campus there won't be any alcohol. I wouldn't expect it to be as big as some of the well established Ren Faires, but I must say there will be some well known performers from established Ren Faires across the country. I hope they will have a great turnout so this Ren Faire will grow. Everyone here needs to go!

Some of the performances coming to the Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Festival include:

[*]Jousting Tournament by Mounted Fury (Lady knights on horseback!!!)

[*]Pirate Comedy by The Ladies of the Salty Kiss (popular Ren Faire act)

[*]Irish Music by Cullen's Hound

[*]Ground Combat Demonstrations by: SCA (these guys are great... expect lots of blood!!! j/k)

[*]The Magic of: Dave Wall

[*]Ground Combat & Stage Fighting by: Mythoslogical (more blood!!! j/k)

[*]Live Action Roleplay Demonstrations by: Dragoncrest (it

Archived