Phoenix monument

Zonajones

One thing I feel the Phoenix area sorely needs is some sort of monument that could attain national notoriety such as the golden gate bridge, space needle, St. Louis Arch etc. I think its time a city this size built a symbol that would come to mind whenever Phoenix is brought up outside the valley, much like the famous landmarks mentioned above do for San Francisco, Seattle and St. Louis . Any thoughts or ideas?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well first of all, it's nice to see you in here Zona, seems like you've been around for a few months, but It's very welcomed that you're posting!

I have thought about that. Something Monumental, you have a good point. What does Phoenix have that no other city has? Detroit is Motown. New York, well there are many. But what is Phoenix known for? Heat? As for Ideas I'll use my brain but nothing right now jumps to mind, Except maybe the Stack. (Joking Joking, ) Although I have been thinking about doing a photo montage and starting a thread of all of Metro Phoenix's freeway interchanges, because man some of those suckers r huge!

I love the interchanges up there!

The north 101/202 is my favorites. And the 202/143, with that kachina design inside the cloverleaf ramp...beautiful.

Monuments? How about Hunt's Tomb?

49201180_276d6af97a.jpg

I think that Phoenix is going to have to get an iconic building/skyscraper in the Downtown area to really set itself apart. Something Southwestern, but modern. Talk to your people, Matt. Make it happen.

LOL my people would build a giant cheeseburger!

I think that something in the way of a Trump tower could have taken care of that. But boy did we miff that one up.

hey Zona, if you get some time could you introduce yourself in the roll call thread above?

nothing that a few inovative minds, that have a will for something better can't change. Phoenix won't stay in it's mediocre slump forever. This town is far to expansive. And I think the residents are really starting to develope a sense of community. With that comes big things like Arches

and no, I don't mean golden arches

Archived