Bellafont Development

mcheiss

Okay Edit, I found out about the Bellafont Development in Fayetteville.

Plans for the Joyce Boulevard project call for two 16-story condo buildings and two 10-story office buildings. The project will be a mix of more than 200,000-SF of condo space, more than 240,000-SF of office space and more than 120,000 SF of retail space. It has a build-out value of $250 million to $300 million and could bring in potential property tax revenue of $750,000, based on current rates.

The Barber group has also projected the need for an upscale hotel in Rogers, which hasn't been annouced.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay Edit, I found out about the Bellafont Development in Fayetteville.

Plans for the Joyce Boulevard project call for two 16-story condo buildings and two 10-story office buildings. The project will be a mix of more than 200,000-SF of condo space, more than 240,000-SF of office space and more than 120,000 SF of retail space. It has a build-out value of $250 million to $300 million and could bring in potential property tax revenue of $750,000, based on current rates.

The Barber group has also projected the need for an upscale hotel in Rogers, which hasn't been annouced.

I'm curious what the city will allow the Barber group to build. There may not be as much controversy since it won't be on Dickson St. But the city could have some problems with the amount of buildings that tall for that area of the city.

I'm curious what the city will allow the Barber group to build. There may not be as much controversy since it won't be on Dickson St. But the city could have some problems with the amount of buildings that tall for that area of the city.

They will have some problems for sure. It did come through the PC about 2 weeks ago, and if I remember correctly it did pass. The Barber group is going to have to make a ton of road improvements though. Joyce needs to have a center lane from College Ave to Crossover. My office is on that section and almost every week there is a wreck of some sort.

They will have some problems for sure. It did come through the PC about 2 weeks ago, and if I remember correctly it did pass. The Barber group is going to have to make a ton of road improvements though. Joyce needs to have a center lane from College Ave to Crossover. My office is on that section and almost every week there is a wreck of some sort.

I'll have to ask Fayetteville but I bet if they do do something to Joyce they'd put in a raised median with periodic turning lanes (aka 'boulevard'). Either way they need it bad

Looks like the Bellafont development is potentially just two months away according to Arkansas Business. The Barber Group has been planning this development for the past two years. Here's a link to some info about the Barber Group at Arkansas Business.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/news/artic...id=18&aid=43767

Thanks for the interesting link Mith242. I keep forgeting to regularly check that website.

It looks like Bellafont will continue to go through. I had watched it come through the P.C. back on March 27th, but then became worried that c-3 height restriction would change it or end it. But in the Morning News today there was a short article. It seems the Barber Group is not worried at all. They already have their first tenents signed in one of the office towers. At least 4 floors will be taken by Dallas Real Estate and The Barber Group. And Mason's will take another 9000 sq ft of office space. Does this mean they are not going to have a Mason's in the Legacy building?

Here is the breif article: Bellafont

The Morning News said the development was approved already.

I guess there will be 4 Masons locations in Fayetteville now: The Mall, On the Square, The Legacy Building, and now Bellafont Plaza.

I thought I heard the Mason's on the square was going to move to the Legacy building. I think there will only be 3 Mason's in fayetteville. But I could be wrong.

It looks like Bellafont will continue to go through. I had watched it come through the P.C. back on March 27th, but then became worried that c-3 height restriction would change it or end it. But in the Morning News today there was a short article. It seems the Barber Group is not worried at all. They already have their first tenents signed in one of the office towers. At least 4 floors will be taken by Dallas Real Estate and The Barber Group. And Mason's will take another 9000 sq ft of office space. Does this mean they are not going to have a Mason's in the Legacy building?

Here is the breif article: Bellafont

I wonder if the whole thing has been approved or just the first phase. Granted this is in another area of the city but I'm almost surprised to not hear more public outcry against this development as well. I haven't heard anything from the Barber Group in a while. Maybe I can email them again and also ask for a rendering for this development and see if I get any responses.

I thought I heard the Mason's on the square was going to move to the Legacy building. I think there will only be 3 Mason's in fayetteville. But I could be wrong.

I wasn't sure which one, but I was also under the impression one of the existing stores was going to move. The Square and the Legacy Building aren't that far away from each other. Of course I guess the Mall and the Bellafont development won't be either.

I wasn't sure which one, but I was also under the impression one of the existing stores was going to move. The Square and the Legacy Building aren't that far away from each other. Of course I guess the Mall and the Bellafont development won't be either.

That's saturation... especially for a specialty store like Masons. I guess it's tough when a city like Fayetteville only has 2 major shopping destinations. Rogers will benefit from having 4 major shopping destinations next year so I think we'll be seeing a lot more of these stores (Masons) up here without the saturation you see in Fayetteville.

That's saturation... especially for a specialty store like Masons. I guess it's tough when a city like Fayetteville only has 2 major shopping destinations. Rogers will benefit from having 4 major shopping destinations next year so I think we'll be seeing a lot more of these stores (Masons) up here without the saturation you see in Fayetteville.

Honestly is you wanted to say major shopping area, you could make the argument Fayetteville only has one. Sure there are some shops around the downtown but nothing major. There are also shops scattered around College Ave and also on the east side of the city. But I don't think if you'd call any of them a major shopping area like the north part of the city.

I got a response from the Barber Group today. They sent me a rendering of the Bellafont development. He also said that the whole development had been approved, which is great to hear. I was worried that maybe only the first phase of something had been approved. I'm a little surprised I didn't hear any public outcry about this as well.

joycev22tss6nx.jpg

Wow, it looks like it's own city!!

Silly me was expecting another Sprawl Office/Retail Park. Glad to see that the Barber Group is committed to bringing NWA into the Urban light.

Yeah I think it's an interesting look. I'm still trying to visualize it in those surroundings over there. Hopefully work will start of it soon.

Yeah I think it's an interesting look. I'm still trying to visualize it in those surroundings over there. Hopefully work will start of it soon.

Thanks for the picture Mith. It looks amazing. I have seen just a little activity at the site over the past few weeks. I would have to guess that they are just survey crews so far.

Very nice... in my very limited opinion, it looks like that design would fit in with the area, if that makes any sense. I can see it.

BTW, I like how they shown that little driveway with one car. This definitely looks like a typical suburban high-density complex, in that its connection to the outside world will be via the auto. Most of the complex in the middle, parking mostly on the perimeter. I bet if it could "hook-up" to the existing trail south of Joyce (that goes to the NWA mall area, under 71B), that it would add more appeal (mainly for recreation though).

I hope they designed proper circulation for the development and adjacent streets, because if not, close to all traffic into/out-of the development will be via Joyce and also Joyce/71B (College Ave), which is already over-burdened.

Very nice... in my very limited opinion, it looks like that design would fit in with the area, if that makes any sense. I can see it.

BTW, I like how they shown that little driveway with one car. This definitely looks like a typical suburban high-density complex, in that its connection to the outside world will be via the auto. Most of the complex in the middle, parking mostly on the perimeter. I bet if it could "hook-up" to the existing trail south of Joyce (that goes to the NWA mall area, under 71B), that it would add more appeal (mainly for recreation though).

I hope they designed proper circulation for the development and adjacent streets, because if not, close to all traffic into/out-of the development will be via Joyce and also Joyce/71B (College Ave), which is already over-burdened.

That trail you mentioned is the Mudd Creek Trail. I recently saw part of that trail when I was on the east side of the city not too long ago. I really should go check it out sometime just to see where it goes. Good point on the traffic issue.

There is a branch of the trail the runs northward along Regions bank and connects to Joyce. Ideally they could put some sort of pedestrian bridge from this development and connent to the trail right across Joyce. Making it about a 10-15 minute walk to most of the restaurants south of the mall area.

They did mention that they are going to really change Joyce blvd quite a bit. Adding a turn lane, many stoplights, maybe even widening part of it. Also the streets surrounding the project to the north and east will be made to handle the additional traffic. They look like they have really put some traffic planning into Bellafont. The only thing that kind of concerns me is the Joyce and College Intersection. It is the 2nd busiest intersection in the state. It will probably need some additional work in the near future.

I looks like some groundwork has started on Bellafont. I noticed that they have put up some erosional barriers, and they have some heavy equipment moving around on the property. Also lots of surverying going on as well. I am not sure if they are going to start on the entire development or just the first Phase I building.

I looks like some groundwork has started on Bellafont. I noticed that they have put up some erosional barriers, and they have some heavy equipment moving around on the property. Also lots of surverying going on as well. I am not sure if they are going to start on the entire development or just the first Phase I building.

Thanks for the update. One of these days I need to head over and see what it all looks like over there.

Maybe I missed something in this thread, but what would the Phase I building be if that's what they're starting out with? An office tower I'm assuming?

Maybe I missed something in this thread, but what would the Phase I building be if that's what they're starting out with? An office tower I'm assuming?

If I understood correctly it the office building would come first, but I'm not positive on that. Just seems like I saw that mentioned somewhere.

From what I understood, it is just a single 1-2 story office building. That is really about all I know for now. They could be starting the entire project all at once though. I guess we can just give it a few days and see how much land they move.

Here's some pics of the future site of the Bellafont development by the Barber Group. The first pic isn't much, just zooming in on the Barber Group sign. In the second you can see it's neighbor the Lindsey Building. The last is actually from the Mud Creek Trail. I'll post some more pics from the trail in another topic later on.

img6759ss1qf.jpg

img6760ss0rv.jpg

img6761ss2vp.jpg

img6887ss1jj.jpg

Archived