Bellafont Development

mcheiss

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bellafont development is going to be the signature spot for this area in my opinion. Really change how this area is viewed.

I think it will make that area of Fayetteville actually feel like a large city, since the mall, Nelson's Crossing, the restaurants, and this insanely large development.

East Joyce has always been underdeveloped considering it's vicinity to the mall and the amount of traffic Old Missouri Road sees. There are some very nice apartment communities further east on Joyce and the fitness club and strip malls on the Old Missouri side are fairly new.

East Joyce has always been underdeveloped considering it's vicinity to the mall and the amount of traffic Old Missouri Road sees. There are some very nice apartment communities further east on Joyce and the fitness club and strip malls on the Old Missouri side are fairly new.

I agree I think East Joyce has been undedeveloped compared to its location with everything else. The thing that worries me the most is the traffic. If you think traffic is bad now at the intersection of joyce and college, just wait. As more people move to the area everyday the traffic will only get worse, and with these developments, its going to get really bad.

I agree I think East Joyce has been undedeveloped compared to its location with everything else. The thing that worries me the most is the traffic. If you think traffic is bad now at the intersection of joyce and college, just wait. As more people move to the area everyday the traffic will only get worse, and with these developments, its going to get really bad.

That intersection does seem to be a black hole sucking all the traffic in. They need to start diverting traffic away from that intersection or it will be a nightmare. There needs to be another major intersection of I-540 & Joyce like maybe N. Gregg Street. This could have a huge impact with traffic because everyone coming from Benton County and most people from West Fayetteville will use the Gregg Street interchange instead of colliding with N. College.

The Barber Group held a very large ground breaking on Bellafont this morning. When I drove by, it looked like there were 50-100 people in attendance. They have also put a sign up on the property showing the picture of the development. Althought it is just the same picture from the website. Most news stations have covered it this evening. They are hoping to have the office space available as soon as early next year, and the residences by fall of 07. I can't wait to see them start putting the steel up on the 2 - 12 story offices and 2 - 16 story condo towers.

Mayor Coody even spoke in support of the development during the event. It seemed like they had little or no opposition on this project. I guessing that is becuase it is not downtown.

The Barber Group held a very large ground breaking on Bellafont this morning. When I drove by, it looked like there were 50-100 people in attendance. They have also put a sign up on the property showing the picture of the development. Althought it is just the same picture from the website. Most news stations have covered it this evening. They are hoping to have the office space available as soon as early next year, and the residences by fall of 07. I can't wait to see them start putting the steel up on the 2 - 12 story offices and 2 - 16 story condo towers.

Mayor Coody even spoke in support of the development during the event. It seemed like they had little or no opposition on this project. I guessing that is becuase it is not downtown.

I think perhaps people have finally gotten realistic. Northwest Arkansas is growing at an extremely brisk pace, and any area that is developing into a higher-density population metro area is going to have some bigger buildings. There's no point in trying to complain or oppose everything that goes over 6 or 7 stories because it's bigger than things next to it, because eventually (or around here, in not too long) there are going to be an increasing number of large buildings. It's going to change the way things look, but that's inevitable. I think the Bellafont development is great because it's a very nice looking complex, but also will be the first large-scale office space area in Fayetteville.

I can somewhat understand people complaining about the Divinity Project just because of how large of a building they're trying to pack onto that little space, but also because of how it will stick out. That, and the renderings looked somewhat ugly.

On a related commercial note, does anyone know what that big black office building that's for lease on I-540 around Rogers is planned for or who it was built by? It looks like it's kindof off on it's own on there interstate there, but it appears to be brand new, and it doesn't look like there are any occupants yet.

By the way, I'm new to the forums, so hello everyone.

I think perhaps people have finally gotten realistic. Northwest Arkansas is growing at an extremely brisk pace, and any area that is developing into a higher-density population metro area is going to have some bigger buildings. There's no point in trying to complain or oppose everything that goes over 6 or 7 stories because it's bigger than things next to it, because eventually (or around here, in not too long) there are going to be an increasing number of large buildings. It's going to change the way things look, but that's inevitable. I think the Bellafont development is great because it's a very nice looking complex, but also will be the first large-scale office space area in Fayetteville.

I can somewhat understand people complaining about the Divinity Project just because of how large of a building they're trying to pack onto that little space, but also because of how it will stick out. That, and the renderings looked somewhat ugly.

On a related commercial note, does anyone know what that big black office building that's for lease on I-540 around Rogers is planned for or who it was built by? It looks like it's kindof off on it's own on there interstate there, but it appears to be brand new, and it doesn't look like there are any occupants yet.

By the way, I'm new to the forums, so hello everyone.

Welcome to the forum. I know what building you're talking about. I thought someone mentioned once what was going on there. Maybe one of our Benton County forumers can elighten us again about it.

I also agree on the Bellafont development, it does look like a nice looking development. I can understand people arguing about not wanting Fayetteville to become a Little Rock and such to a certain degree. I just think these building height limits are set way too low. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't see having 10-20 story buildings 'ruining' the city. I still think the city needs to grow upward to some degree to keep some sprawl in check. Just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Another Barber Group website. This is Bellafont. What an amazing development for north Fayetteville. I wonder what the price of the condos will be?

Here is a link to the website.

Bellafont

Really cool link. Very interesting to see their site plan. Although it's a little hard to make out a lot of things, the site does look laid out well from what I can tell, not too shabby. Plus, I sorta like how the first phase is arranged. However, if the later phase(s) across that N-S street are planned to be simliar to the first one, they should move it up closer to the that street to keep that urban "feel" and make it more ped friendly, if that is the type of environment they want (rather than a suburban office park feel). IMO.

Looking at the Arial photo, I see that the Barber Group has land just to the south of Joyce. Since my office is just east of this project, I know that this piece of land is already cleared and flat and has good development potential. Has anyone heard what they are going to be doing on this lot?

No idea, but it could be like another phase of the project.

Interesting to see how big Proctor and Gamble is in this aerial photo. Are they planning on making a whole campus of buildings? I thought they were just building a 6 Floor Tower.

No idea, but it could be like another phase of the project.

Interesting to see how big Proctor and Gamble is in this aerial photo. Are they planning on making a whole campus of buildings? I thought they were just building a 6 Floor Tower.

I heard somewhere that it was going to be an office complex type development. With the largest building possibly being P & Gs. The first building is a two story office and it is being placed towards the back I think. I don't remember exactly where I saw the info but it might have been on the council or PCs agenda recently.

Also, (Matt mentioned this on the East Joyce thread) Arvest will be moving its Joyce location next door to Chambers bank. It will be an 8000 sq ft protype branch. I think it will be open by 2008.

So is this all going to be Proctor & Gamble Offices?

Also, I thought they're new Main office was suppose to be a 6 Floor Tower.

I don't think that all of the buildings are going to be P & G. I would have to guess that just the 6 story building will be. The other buildings will probably just be office space for anyone.

Well I also received a rendering on the Bellafont. All the buildings will be designed like this it said. These were set up differently it seems and I haven't been able to convert the pdf into jpg. So I went the rounfabout way. I printed them off them took pics of the with my camera. They won't look as sharp but at least I'll have something to show.

img3600ss1ox.jpg

img3601ss0oj.jpg

They look nice. I wish they were in more of a pedestrian friendly setup, but it's still good to see High-Rise Development in NWA regardless of it's setup.

Yeah although I guess you could say that area of Fayetteville really isn't particularly pedestrian friendly anyway.

They look nice. I wish they were in more of a pedestrian friendly setup, but it's still good to see High-Rise Development in NWA regardless of it's setup.

When I looked at the plat, the development was very ped friendly...just as long as you don't leave the development. <_<

Archived