Bellafont Development

mcheiss

Bellafont had a little change coming though PC tonight, but nothing that is any big deal. The most interesting info I saw on the Agenda was the street plan for Joyce. It looks like Joyce (or at least this part of it) will have a center turn lane. I am not sure how far east will be widened. I would guess just down to Vantage but maybe more.

Here is the agenda: Bellafont

Interesting-- Fay planning staff recommends going with the waiver. That's a bad idea, as that area will increasingly become congested. It is obvious no one with traffic experience is getting a say and/or they aren't planning ahead (how unsurprising). Mark it down, they will regret it several years from now. Genius. Looks like at least the engineer (I don't recognize that name) knows what's what.

I always thought a landscaped median would've been great along Joyce through there. It's hard to tell from the site plan there, but the City probably would have had to purchase extra ROW for that, which I'm sure along Joyce is at a premium.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting-- Fay planning staff recommends going with the waiver. That's a bad idea, as that area will increasingly become congested. It is obvious no one with traffic experience is getting a say and/or they aren't planning ahead (how unsurprising). Mark it down, they will regret it several years from now. Genius. Looks like at least the engineer (I don't recognize that name) knows what's what.

I always thought a landscaped median would've been great along Joyce through there. It's hard to tell from the site plan there, but the City probably would have had to purchase extra ROW for that, which I'm sure along Joyce is at a premium.

Yep--you can do stuff right or pay later. You never know how these things work. Barber could pressure them and say they won't do the project at all unless they get what they want. Or maybe there's some other political favor being done for a reason unrelated to this specific project.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The have at least some of the slabs done on the smaller buildings along Joyce I noticed.

Here is a link to their site plan: Bellafont Site Plan

Building A (at the bottom of the site) seems to be the first building that will be completed. There is approx 440,000 sq feet of office/commercial space going into this project. That is about half the size of the NWA Mall which is the second largest mall in Arkansas. So this is going to be another primere shopping/dining destination.

Just wanted to mention that we'll have two new stop lights around this section of Joyce in the near future. I believe Colby already mentioned vantage being extended near the post office. There will also be a Bellafont Blvd near the development of course that will also be across the street from the new P&G offices. I'll try to make up another map to show this soon.

The walls for building A (mason's location) are now up and they are a good 20+ ft tall. I also heard from a good source that there will eventually be 2 Ruth's Chris locations in NWA. One in Fayetteville and one in Rogers. They are still looking a locations in both cities. Bellafont is an option in Fayetteville but nothing has been signed. I don't believe any other large cities in the region even have 1 location. I would guess that Kansas City would be the closest one?

The walls for building A (mason's location) are now up and they are a good 20+ ft tall. I also heard from a good source that there will eventually be 2 Ruth's Chris locations in NWA. One in Fayetteville and one in Rogers. They are still looking a locations in both cities. Bellafont is an option in Fayetteville but nothing has been signed. I don't believe any other large cities in the region even have 1 location. I would guess that Kansas City would be the closest one?

Archived