City Police Cheif Patrick Harnett to Retire

ctman987

The Hartford Courant's lead story this morning is that city police cheif Patrick Harnett who has been in Hartford for 2 years will be retiring. On the other hand WFSB ran a story where Harnett said the accusations were not true and where Perez complimented Harnett on his work in Hartford.

A press conference is expected later today.

Anyone know anything???

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hartford Courant's lead story this morning is that city police cheif Patrick Harnett who has been in Hartford for 2 years will be retiring. On the other hand WFSB ran a story where Harnett said the accusations were not true and where Perez complimented Harnett on his work in Hartford.

A press conference is expected later today.

Anyone know anything???

FSB now shows him as retiring - I say fine, he never really clicked in Hartford, and was never personally vested.

I can't help but think this is an area where Perez may have dropped the ball also. Mark Pawlina had great support in the neighborhoods, and was probably the best choice two years ago....but hopefully Daryl Roberts will be able to bridge a gap that Harnett couldn't.

I never really had a problem with Harnett and did think highly of him since he was from the NYPD but on the other hand many cities have decreased their violence while Hartford is having trouble so maybe this change in command is good

I always had the impression that he just didn't really "get" Hartford. So small, but still so high profile. I think someone more accustomed to Hartford will be more sucessful. Really we need more cops. Period. Not a quick fix in the summer but permanantly. I bet we would see lasting changes if they just did whatever they do in the summer with the state troopers, except year round and with Hartford Cops.

Archived