Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doormanpoet

Pics of the Schermerhorn

Hankster    6

It really is going to be a wonderful Symphony Hall. I assume those pics were computer generated. Am I correct in saying that the official opening will take place in September?

doormanpoet    0

No those are actually real pics taken. They held a concert for those who were involved with the construction. A friend of my wife went because her husband is one of the chief architects on the project. That concert was held a day or to ago.

LA_TN    2070

It will be classical and pops only as far as I know. The pipe organ arrives next year after the dust settles. The traditional tiered seating is removed and there is a flat hardwood floor underneath to allow table/dining settings for the pops concerts. Pops as in like Boston Pops concerts

LA_TN    2070

/\/\/\ Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth...you know, the classics. "Let me see your cigarette lighters!"

Man, where's a headbanging emoticon when you need one.

I hate to be the one to break this to you; but Metallica, AC/DC, and Ozzy are all better than the wimps you listed...

I was inside a couple of weeks back. Everyone is in for a treat. I was immediately transported to another time and place. One minute on dusty 4th Avenue, next, I was all misty-eyed at what I was seeing. Classical, elegant, beautiful, and dead silent. It was amazing.

Hankster    6

No those are actually real pics taken. They held a concert for those who were involved with the construction. A friend of my wife went because her husband is one of the chief architects on the project. That concert was held a day or to ago.

Wow! I had no idea the project was this complete already. It looks beautiful!

Skyscrapergeek    479

I hate to be the one to break this to you; but Metallica, AC/DC, and Ozzy are all better than the wimps you listed...

Shame on you LT for slighting ANY metal bands. I love them all. :D Besides, Metallica sold out. :w00t: j/k.

Duke32    0

I had 2 tickets to go the the concert myself. I couldn't go, so I ended up turning them back in to the Symphony office so they issue them back out to someone else.