sit down,relax...GUADALAJARA TOUR!

westernboy

GUADALAJARA

Guadalajara is the second biggest and important city in Mexico, placed in the western of mexico in the state called Jalisco(more than 7million people)

Received the name in honor to the city located in Spain wherefrom the funder was born.

Guadalajara was funded in 1541 as the second most important kingdom in America of the king Carlos V of Spain in the colony, just after the New Spain (today Mexico City) Guadalajara was the capital of the kingdom of New Galicia and begin to growing and developing quiclky even becoming in one of the most developed cities in the continent in the XIX century.

The Capital of New Galicia had big importance since then and highly recognized like an important center of religion and the second University in Mexico,culturally,economically and politically as well.

After of the French intervention the population of the area begins to expanding its territory and to shine like a point of artistic,architectonic and cultural development.

The French and Spanish culture marked the style,race and essence of the city and around this one, that's why the most prominent french and spanish ancestry racein Mexico lives in Guadalajara and in the state of Jalisco.

After the Independence and Revolution of Mexico,the kingdom becomes in an independient state belonging of Mexico,and the development and transformation like a modern city begans to count.

Actually Jalisco is one of the most important states in Mexico and Guadalajara the second biggest and important city in the country, recognized as the Cultural Capital of America,and its architecture like a human patrimony of the world.

This city is Headquarter of the best cultural events in America and one if the richest citites in Latinamerica, Let's take a look to the past in the present.

33sa1hx.jpg

69pk3nc.jpg

292gw7gy.jpg

414bz1jb.jpg

429pb5xd.jpg

dsc015235jf9et.jpg

dsc015242dp0ec.jpg

dsc015473ey4lr.png

dsc019877cl7kg.jpg

dsc019917bu5un.jpg

dsc020704fd5qx.jpg

mexi321083xx.jpg

gdl154zg.jpg

hospiciocabanas12mh.jpg

guadalajaralg0cz.jpg

arc9eq.jpg

galvan1fk.jpg

dsc015465de7by.jpg

aol0tt.jpg

dsc020738mm8fi.jpg

palace3jm.jpg

al8ui.jpg

376gv8wf.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

GUADALAJARA FOR THE FUTURE

The city has a new movement of culture and fast development as never, a new Boom of projects and constructions its invading the whole city to recreate the present and to create a very high level future.

Right now exist a group of Leaders with a high vision who are creating the most ambicios projects ever in the history of Mexico and Latinamerica, the new tide of progress that the city is creating based in the new philosphy of development will be soon proyected to the entire world, industry,culture,high level projects and one of the most important booms in th history.

Guadalajara will be as well,the Panamerican Games City Host for 2011 and the next candidate to the postulation of the Olympic games 2016, new developments of worldwide size are under construction like the JVC center, Torrena tower, Guggenheim Museum Guadalajara, Andares Mall, etc.

Here the New Guadalajara

http://imageshack.us]20ix9.jpg

21pp1.jpg

22ka5.jpg

23mb2.jpg

24ba7.jpg

25yl0.jpg

26rd1.jpg

27mu8.jpg

:):):)

• 5 weeks later...

I love the new observation tower planned for La Baranca. Is it actually being built or just planned? I have always thought that the city needs to promote itself and the canyon better. It took me months of living in Guadalajara before I ever even knew that the canyon was there. The observation tower on the rim will help bring people to it.

Me encanta la torre nueva de observaci

• 3 months later...

^

...ummm...yeah. I was kinda wondering that as well.

The Guadalajara pics are very nice; I've known that it was Mexico's 2nd city, but it seems that several other cities steal the limelight - Monterrey, the resorts, and the border cities. Good to see and hear from there.

My only trip to Latin America was to Venezuela, pre-Chavez, and it made me eager to see more - perhaps Mexico or somewhere else in South America next.

• 8 months later...

One of the best cities in latinamerica i ever met, this is like the kind of organizated city, very clean and green, modern, cultural, safe and the people are really cute phisically, is like a modern european city i just loved it.

The Guadalajara pics are very nice; I've known that it was Mexico's 2nd city, but it seems that several other cities steal the limelight - Monterrey, the resorts, and the border cities. Good to see and hear from there.

• 4 months later...

Archived