Arlington National Cemetery

NCB

I decided to get out and walk across the Arlington Memorial Bridge last week while in Washington D.C., and I spent about an hour and a half in Arlington National Cemetery. I've been multiple times, but no matter how many times you've seen it, the sight when you first walk in is always a very powerful one. Headstones as far as the eye can see, and the experience is even more powerful when you remember why all of these people are here. I've always viewed Arlington National Cemetery as a place that every American should visit at least once in their lifetime, it's a time for us to truly honor those who died to allow us to go about our everyday lives with the freedoms and privileges that we all sometimes take for granted.

Here are some of my pictures:

Looking towards the grounds of the Arlington National Cemetery from across the Potomac in D.C.

IMG_4984border.jpg

Outside of the cemetery

IMG_5064border.jpg

IMG_5065border.jpg

IMG_5150border.jpg

Headstones as far as the eye can see

IMG_5071border.jpg

IMG_5072border.jpg

IMG_5073border.jpg

IMG_5074border.jpg

IMG_5075border.jpg

The flag in front of Arlington House flies at half-staff

IMG_5078border.jpg

The grave of President John F. Kennedy

IMG_5081border.jpg

Looking back towards Washington

IMG_5085border.jpg

Arlington House

IMG_5086border.jpg

The grave of Senator Robert F. Kennedy

IMG_5088border.jpg

IMG_5090border.jpg

IMG_5092border.jpg

The Tomb of the Unknowns

IMG_5097border.jpg

IMG_5096border.jpg

I was very fortunate to get there just as the Changing of the Guard began to take place

IMG_5101border.jpg

IMG_5113border.jpg

IMG_5107border.jpg

IMG_5120border.jpg

IMG_5121border.jpg

IMG_5122border.jpg

IMG_5131border.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great photos, NCB :thumbsup: Arlington is a cool place to visit, that bridge going to it is pretty nice too, eh? With all the statues in and around Arlington along the with skyline views of DC and Rosslyn, you could easily spend a whole day there.

Archived