Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tamias6

2 Billion Dollar Building

5 posts in this topic

Else where on the GR forum is a thread talking about the Grand River development. What a soap opera that's been! But didn't anybody think about what 2.5 billion dollars could build? Yes? No? Anyway here's my idea of what 2 billion dollars could manifest itself into if I had that kind of money to spent on GR. Since that chunk of city land, targeted by Faust and the other two competing developers, is already spoken for, I placed my 2 billion dollar building on the empty parking lot between the Fulton street and the S-Curve. Sorry Charley's Crab, you got to go unless you want to lease space inside my building. Maybe the top floor of my building will do? Customers would love the view. :D

My two billion dollar building

Actually, you might be able to build a couple of those for $2.5 billion. I actually would much rather see multiple buildings of up to 400' than one or two monsters towering over everything. I think that the tallest building in the skyline should always have at least a couple other buildings in the area of at least half it's height.

I have to agree with hood. The first 6 or 7 floors are very interesting though. Can you show a closeup of that part of your plan tamias?

BTW: Your tower looks like the new Wachovia Tower in Charlotte.

I wouldn't mind seeing a similar building that were half the height, and a little skinnier. Otherwise it just doesn't fit in the skyline at all.

I have to agree with hood. The first 6 or 7 floors are very interesting though. Can you show a closeup of that part of your plan tamias?

BTW: Your tower looks like the new Wachovia Tower in Charlotte.

With a tower that's about 200 feet square and topping out at about 1600' my 2 billion dollar building is insanely huge and certainly overwhelms the other buildings. However this is a part of my fantasy Grand Rapids skyline I'm slowly putting together. It will be anchored by this building and a 1400' skyscrapper that will replace the ugly post office to the north of Devos Place and incorporate the Olds Manor building. (will be posted soon.)

Anyway. Here's a closup of the lower floors of my 2 Billion Building viewed from the river.

Close up of the lower floors