Idaho off topic

MJLO

Hey guys,

In an effort to keep the energy going and build it, I am starting this thread in Idaho.

I encourage you guys to use it. Don't be afraid to be silly, or boring but talk about just anything you want in here, we really can't build an online community if we don't get to know each other :)

So what's new in Idaho kids? Anything interesting?

Here's a funny thought, I've been in AZ now for 5 months, and have seen it rain once. Some times there's a cloud in the sky, but I always miss out on thunderstorms. Being from MI we used to get great rainy weather (which I love). But in AZ the weathers so boring. It's only sunny, and then of course hot as hell. Does Idaho get cool thunderstorms and diverse weather? or is it always sunny and boring there too?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing really new, except forthe fact that the Far West Regional Soccer Tournment went over really well(over 12,000 people came to Boise for about 6 days) But Idaho gets dry weather two, but if it is a really hot day, and some moisture blows in, then we get some thunderstorms, but we don't go 5 months with out rain...and it snows in the winter

Everybody must be on vacation, except me. :(

There was a pretty good fireworks display in Caldwell. Much better than last year's. I watched it from my front yard as I always do since I live less than a mile from where they are launched. (It's nice to not have the hassle of parking and traffic.)

There is another fireworks show scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) in Meridian. It is a make-up show for the one that was cancelled on the Fourth due to bad weather.

Technically speaking, there wasn't a fireworks show within Boise city limits. But there was show at the state fairgrounds in Garden City. Of course, these could be seen in Boise as Garden City is completely surrounded by Boise. I didn't see the show, so I couldn't tell you how good it was.

Pocatello's kind of a sh*thole. It's surrounded by reservations, so it's got the problems associated with them, and doesn't seem to have a strong economy. This is coming from what I've seen and from what others have told me about it.

When I was in Idaho, I stopped for lunch there and drove around a bit. The only place for lunch I could find was Jack in the Box, which I really do hate. It's Downtown area was basically empty. I was there on a Sunday, but it was still obvious that there was nothing there but government buildings. No large buildings also. It seems like an old railroad town, but is mostly thriving off of the interstates: lots of little motels.

Pocatello's kind of a sh*thole. It's surrounded by reservations, so it's got the problems associated with them, and doesn't seem to have a strong economy. This is coming from what I've seen and from what others have told me about it.

When I was in Idaho, I stopped for lunch there and drove around a bit. The only place for lunch I could find was Jack in the Box, which I really do hate. It's Downtown area was basically empty. I was there on a Sunday, but it was still obvious that there was nothing there but government buildings. No large buildings also. It seems like an old railroad town, but is mostly thriving off of the interstates: lots of little motels.

Well guess my sister was lucky not to end up moving there. Although living in New Mexico she's still surrounded by reservations. :lol: But I do think the Albuquerque area has quite a bit more going on for it. Guess I thought Pocatello would be a little bit nicer place than that. Should have known colin would be able to tell me about it. You really get around out there don't you? :lol:

I didn't spend that much time there, that was just my impression of it.

Either way, Albuquerque is much nicer. But, of course, it's over 10x the size. Idaho Falls was much nicer.

BTW, I don't have any pictures of Pocatello because my camera ran out of juice in Idaho Falls. I had already heard bad things about Pocatello though, so I wasn't upset since I hadn't anticipated on taking many photos there.

I didn't spend that much time there, that was just my impression of it.

Either way, Albuquerque is much nicer. But, of course, it's over 10x the size. Idaho Falls was much nicer.

BTW, I don't have any pictures of Pocatello because my camera ran out of juice in Idaho Falls. I had already heard bad things about Pocatello though, so I wasn't upset since I hadn't anticipated on taking many photos there.

I admit I should just look it up myself but about where is Idaho Falls?

Idaho Falls is smaller then Pocatello, but it is growing, and Pocatello isn't, thats the diffrence, and Pocatello wont be the third largest for long, Meridian, another Boise suburb, and Idaho Falls are catching up. Nampa, which is also a suburb of Boise is the second largest. So the real population, government, and Comericial center of the state is the Boise Metro area.

• 4 months later...

The thing I've noticed as i've been following the Broncos, is that while they did play teams that are relatively obscure, they beat them by margins acceptable for mainstream teams. To that credit, I think they may well be able to hold their own. It would be awsome if they defeated Oklahoma and were really able to build a program and a name on that. Recruiting prospects get better, along with other things, the more notariaty a team recieves.

• 1 month later...