The Washington Watering Hole

MJLO

I think we need to get to know each other a little better in the WA area. There's alot of potential to really get this forum charged up! For starters how many Washington forumers do we currently have. Really we should have hundreds, Just from Seattle and Tacoma alone. Spokane's a fairly happening city too from what I've heard. So being from WA Introduce yourselves and tell me what you like about where you live! I think we'll find alot of new faces.

well for one we need more things to draw people here, news on projects things like that. Also we need to make sure that the atmosphere while remaining profesional, does not take itself to serious. One way to turn off people from frequenting the site is to make it boring as hell!

Seattle U. making a Div. I comeback?

USF Director of Athletics Bill Hogan Named Athletics Director at Seattle University

That would be sweet. It was stupid for them to kill their successful D-1 program in 1980. Gonzaga and Portland have both shown that Seattle U. was wrong in that decision. Hopefully they can work their way into the West Coast Conference adding a third NW school to the three Bay Area schools and the three So. Cal schools.

I would be living in Seattle if it wasn't for my wife. I have a great friend that lives their. We visited, fell in love with it, talked about moving out their then got pregnant. End of dream. Living in beautiful West Michigan instead. We still visit. Love to race in Duck Dodge.

So they were D-1 and now they are not, why would any school revert from being division one?

Easier competition.

There are some high schools that work their way into being 3A when they're actually 4A so that they can win more games. It works similarly for colleges.

• 1 month later...

^ that wasn't Seattle U's problem, they were a D1 powerhouse. They finished 2nd overall in the NCAA basketball tournament in the Elgin Baylor days. Part of the reason they dropped down was the program was getting a little shady.

that's too bad, i can only imagine what kind of rivalry they would have delveloped with UW.

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha.... I love the humor! :thumbsup: And I wish the Seahawks the best season possible.... hopefully, theyll do just slightly better than last season... (That means by winning the Superbowl...) But I said ew because I only like hockey and basketball... Sorry football and baseball just arent my thing.

Ew. :sick:

I double that 'ew', the Seahawks beat me Lions this past week.

So Randy Tacoma, how come Seattle doesn't have the NHL? It seems with its proximity to Canada it would develop a great rivalry with Vancouver, kinda like we have here in Michigan with Detroit & Toronto.

Hahaha.... I love the humor! :thumbsup: And I wish the Seahawks the best season possible.... hopefully, theyll do just slightly better than last season... (That means by winning the Superbowl...) But I said ew because I only like hockey and basketball... Sorry football and baseball just arent my thing.

Haha...yeah I gotcha.

I double that 'ew', the Seahawks beat me Lions this past week.

So Randy Tacoma, how come Seattle doesn't have the NHL? It seems with its proximity to Canada it would develop a great rivalry with Vancouver, kinda like we have here in Michigan with Detroit & Toronto.

I don't know if we beat you...we got a W but boy that was an ugly game.

Hockey. I don't know. I know that when Allen built the Rose Garden in Portland it was built for basketball and hockey with the hope of getting an NHL franchise possibly. Portland is baseball crazy, though. I always thought it would be good for the region for Port to get an NHL team and Seattle to get an MLS team to play at Qwest. I don't know if the area would support that though.

You know, that is a very good point. Places like Atlanta even have NHL (If Im not mistaken). and we know Atlanta is far away from Canada. I really enjoy hockey. Its my favorite spectator sport. I hardly doubt youll see me playing it... but yeah, Vancouver's got the Canucks in the NHL and the Grizzlies in the WHL and Seattle's only got the Thunderbirds... Oh well, maybe after they boot the Sonics off to Oklahoma, we can use the Arena for NHL!!!! (Hopefully)... LOL :whistling:

Has there been any mention of bringing NHL hockey to Seattle in a dual use area to serve the sonics and a hockey team? I would imagine that the NHL would find success in Seattle, especially with its proximity to Canada.

I don't think the NHL would expand, but relocating a current team like Carolina or Nashville, both recent expansion teams that were in the bottom 10 of attendance last year.

• 2 months later...

Well the Oklahoma guy hired Lenny Wilkins. That's a sign the Sonics will stay in Seattle as Wilkins is a Seattle guy. They also say they have a few sites chosen as possible locations for a new NBA/NHL arena. My bet is Bellevue wins out.

Anyway, who is going to buy the Cubs? Everyone and their mother is interested and Tribune hasn't even put them up for sale.

• 4 weeks later...