Top 10 Subdivisions in Northwest Arkansas

Top 10 Subdivisions in Northwest Arkansas

This is not realtor information and is compiled from the database of subdivisions at NWAsubdivisions.com. None of this information is indicative of the actual costs of homes in the subdivisions listed, nor is it indicative of the housing market in any given city. A realtor should be contacted for that information.

Most of the subdivisions in these lists are still in some phase of development and some are already completed. I didn

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counting your blessings, NWA is one of the very few prosperous regions of the country where you can get into a new home under $100k, even if they are smallish and outside of town. That's impressive.

There are a lot of high-end homes being built in NWA, a really impressive number. Have you guys noticed a slow-down yet?

What about Shadow Valley in Rogers?

I've seen some pretty nice homes out there.

Shadow Valley is definitely a runner-up...

Shadow Valley - Southwest Rogers

House Price Range: $300,000 to $729,000

Lot Price Range: $30,000 to $128,000

I spent a few hours going through a few hundred subdivisions at NWAsubdivisions.com and there were quite a few runner-ups. I'm pretty sure Shadow Valley would be in the Top 20, but there's a lot of competition out there.

Counting your blessings, NWA is one of the very few prosperous regions of the country where you can get into a new home under $100k, even if they are smallish and outside of town. That's impressive.

There are a lot of high-end homes being built in NWA, a really impressive number. Have you guys noticed a slow-down yet?

As you can see from the list most of the least expensive subdivisions (under $100K) are within the major cities limits. I tried to be fair, so I didn't go outside the city limits where literally hundreds if not thousands of subdivision houses can be found under $100K. The only factor that pushes the total cost of the home over $100K is the lot prices which are a whole lot lower outside city limits. The main problem with affordable homes right now is the realtors themselves. They don't want to advertise new homes for under $100K because it would kill their business for the homes over $100K.

I seriously doubt my lists or even the NWAsubdivisions website is so complete as to include every subdivision in NWA. The fact is there's literally hundreds, I would dare to say close to a thousand, subdivisions under construction or planned right now all over Northwest Arkansas. I think a slow down wouldn't even be noticed for several years if not decades.

*Packing up my family and moving to NWA*

:P

You guys are really lucky. With such a low unemployment rate and very low housing prices I would think that you all would be going through a population boom. Have you all noticed any investors buying up the lower priced homes and renting them out? With interest rates still relatively low, I could see an investor buying ten homes in the Plantation neighborhood and renting them out for $500 a month each.

Where do the Walmart executives live?

*Packing up my family and moving to NWA*

:P

You guys are really lucky. With such a low unemployment rate and very low housing prices I would think that you all would be going through a population boom. Have you all noticed any investors buying up the lower priced homes and renting them out? With interest rates still relatively low, I could see an investor buying ten homes in the Plantation neighborhood and renting them out for $500 a month each.

Where do the Walmart executives live?

Most live in Pinnacle or Western Bentonville.

Then some live out near Beaver Lake.

Interesting. I apparently an out of touch because I don't think I'm familiar with any of those subdivisions. Even the ones in Fayetteville. As far as people going in and buying them and then renting them out. Yeah I see that happening a lot. I see people who are able to get their first house paid off go out and buy a new home, move to it and then rent out their old home. But things do seem to be slowing down. Although I'm not sure if things are really slowing down that much or if they've just gotten a lot better and faster at building so many new homes.

Archived